Recent ChangesWe have recently made a number of changes to the website.
Here’s the change log;
- Announcements, Developer Blogs, and Patch Notes have been separated from the rest of the form.
- Announcements, Developer Blogs, and Patch Notes now display threads in order of creation date. Previously they went with the forum default of sorting by the date of the most recent post.
- Added an option to mark posts in Customer Service, Technical Support, and Bug Reports as Private. These posts will only be visible to the author, EHG, and forum moderators (currently all moderators are EHG employees).
- The option to upload custom avatars has been disabled.
- The option to upload attachments has been disabled.
- Added a Purchases tab to forum profile pages.
- Added support for a dedicated Downloads tab on forum profile pages.
- Added a Log Out option at the end of the list of profile tabs.
- Renamed some tabs on forum profile pages.
- Adjusted the order of some tabs on forum profile pages.
- Removed the tagline from the Classes/Builds category.
- Trading has moved from a standalone slot to the Items category.
- We replaced boards for mastery classes with boards for base classes. Existing threads have been moved.
- Fixed a bug preventing some users from being able to subscribe and unsubscribe to / from forum threads.
- Various miscellaneous back-end changes in preparation of the alpha beginning later this month.
ElaborationThe primary focus of the recent changes has been to enhance forum profile pages. We have also split the forum between the sections dedicated to threads started by EHG and the rest of the forum. This was done to give new threads in these sections greater visibility in anticipation of our alpha beginning next month.
We have removed the ability to upload avatars and attachments. Although we optimized uploaded images, allowing the community to host an unlimited number of files on our server isn’t sustainable. We did upgrade our web server last month, and there is a limit to how much of our budget we can devote to the website. We are exploring alternative solutions, however please understand our current priority is the initial release of our alpha.
We will be resetting avatars to the default image until we have a solution everyone can avail of. We will be delaying this for a period of two weeks to allow people to download their avatars before they are removed.
For advice on how to download your forum avatar, please see this support article;
Future PlansOur current plan for future changes to the website include;
- Improving load times for logged in users through better use of caching.
- Implementing the Downloads tab on forum profile pages and move downloads there.
- Finding a more permanent solution for members of the community using different avatars.
- Making the website more consistent aesthetically and generally improving its design overall.