Reaper Form Feedback

While I am enjoying LE and the playstyle of the Lich, the Reaper Form seems cringey for what’s supposed to be a Mastery Skill. The esthetic and the animation are not worth of an epic fantasy game that I want from Last Epoch. It looks like the character just threw on a blanket, it moves like a Pac-Man ghost, and the attack animation looks like its trying to shoo flies away. Compare it to the PoE Reaper animation, which should be the minimum standard. The PoE Reaper there makes you feel that it is ripping all sorts of new holes on the mobs.

Lol… tell us what you really think… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously tho… thanks for the feedback and the devs have indicated (as recently as the latest dev update) that they want to update all the graphics/animations to their latest standard (new bosses/mobs etc) - even going so far as to update the death animations on older mobs… fyi, Reaper is probably one of the many older ones that could use an update…

1 Like

Welcome to LE,

I 100% agree, that Reaper Forms Visuals are very lackluster.
Still the theme and artstyle is something that I hope they stick too, very minimalistic and not too fancy.

There was a Wallpaper being release a looong time ago, which gives you a hint of how they maybe want this thing to look like.
It defeinitely has more details and a less minimalistic look.

The only thing that I dislike are the pauldrons, its just way too over the top.

2 Likes

Ive played with Reaper Form a lot and it could do with a graphical rework but want it to be way more subtle and raw instead of wearing armor and changing form - almost like a veil goes over your existing character model somehow giving sort of like a shade effect, something like the shades in the quest area/Void Knight echo graphic type but leaves sort of a trail as you move/do skills

The only real issue I have currently though is the colour of the HP bar, would rather some sort of ‘gunmetal’ or shaded grey chrome effect instead of that dirty brown to signify reaper form

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.