Real Hero - The Gardener

We never have enough bears!

A very classic way to develop the Druid. What is important for me: it is not based on Swipe. Because Swipe is a very good skill, but boring to spam. So with this Druid, I just walk or run from pack to pack, and I use Maul when I meet enemies. Maul deals damage and releases Entangling Roots and Vines, that will also deal damage and have a chance to poison.

Never!!! Bears are the best!

This is similar to Aschere’s Vinebear, extremely strong build (mine is lvl 78 solo HC and that was an easy run).
One key difference: as always I would ditch the nodes about rage decay (Focused Wrath and Rancour) and take Claws of the Forest instead for really big damage boost. Your vines bring enough rage sustain (and I only have 1 point in Garden of Rage, that’s enough for me).

Edit: I like your character’s name! :smiley: My vinebear is called Greenpaws.

Claws of the Forest is planned, but I wanted to raise the chance to poison before the damage it deals.
For the rage decay, it’s just me being lazy about this. I know how I am, I will probably try to remove them some time, but each time I did so, I went back and used them again. It’s a kind of comfort.

Now I have to regear, because resistances are totally fine for the campaign, but probably not high enough for monoliths. And for sure, in case I get there, not high enough for empowered timelines!

I wanted to call him LetsGrowFlowers, but plants seemed more appropriate. :wink:
Greenpaws is nice, I like the image!

He’s not deathless anymore, because of the Big Bad Dragon and the way controllers work (and because of me, of course). But he’s now defeated the Dragon. So only three timelines before empowered mode.

1 Like

And the good old bear has now unlocked empowered timelines. No other death since the Big Bad Dragon.
He found some rather cool stuff, but no fundamental change. I think the build is now stabilized. I may just change for relic for a seed with leech implicit, but unsure.

Here is Greenpaws, similar but some small differences.

I do have Eterra’s boots but I don’t use them.
Solo HC means I focused more on defense early on, I went for Aspect of the Boar straight away, and now working my way through the amazing last health + res threshold node on druid tree.

Very small differences, very similar guys, that’s true!
I use the boot mainly for their health and movement speed. The vines generation and the +1 to Entangling Roots are just a nice bonus.
I’m also considering Serpent’s Milk, but I need better Void Resistance for that.
I’m not sure I’ll really play it for long… I hear the call of a Poison Bladedancer that I’ve never been able to build correctly.

He has now completed his first empowered timeline. Sadly, he didn’t get the blessing he needed/wanted. I may go to another hero…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.