Real hero - Part one more - Poison Tree

Here is one new hero, fresh out of the campaign.
Some hesitations now.
Should I get rid of the Spriggan and apply the node that makes me single-companion?
Should I get rid of Ice Thorns and replace them by Entangling Roots, knowing that they would take long to proc (six Vale spirits)?
Should I get rid of Ice Thorns and get an idol-proc’ed Maelstrom?
Should I continue playing this char?

Here, the main topic is poison. Applied by the Druid, byt the Scorpion and by the baby scorpions. The Spriggan is here as a support.

Not going Plague Bearer’s Staff or Serpent’s Milk amulet?

1 Like

Serpent’s Milk is level 64. I planned to use it if I continue with this char.
Plague Bearer? Interesting, but I have little health regen as a transformed and the staff has no minion affix. I’ll have a look at it though. I was planning a, ornate wand (with chance to poison on spell hit as implicit) and a shield. Pleague Bearer is an interesting alternative, if I can compensate the health cost.

1 Like

…or maybe going low life? Very unsure…

Here is one new hero, fresh out of the campaign.
Some hesitations now.
Should I get rid of the Spriggan and apply the node that makes me single-companion?
If you aren’t relying on minion damage, then I wouldn’t do it. Spriggan is to invaluable as an aurabot.
Should I get rid of Ice Thorns and replace them by Entangling Roots, knowing that they would take long to proc (six Vale spirits)?
It would only be 4 vale spirits, which would be 5 casts of spirit thorns. Now, using cycle of life to summon a vale spirit on totem death has them up constantly.
Should I get rid of Ice Thorns and get an idol-proc’ed Maelstrom?
No. You aren’t using the skill tree for it. Use the node in Spriggan if you want to use maelstrom. Frenzy would help on a poison build (for self applying).
Should I continue playing this char?
Up to you. I think you need to narrow down what it is you want to do. Honestly, Druid has a hard time being a poison spec since you don’t have aspect of the viper. This almost always requires using Salt the Wound gloves and stacking crit multi as well.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.