Quests for high levels

A thread accidentally posted on the wrong game’s forums recently sparked an interesting debate about “Should we have xp penalty on death?”.
Opinions are very divided on that.

It got me thinking, and I would like to submit an idea.
I believe it would be nice and motivating if reaching top level was more of an achievement. But the “standard” xp penalty on death seem to annoy a lot of people. So, what would you think of “quests” or “targets” to reach high levels?

Examples (random, numbers are probably completely off):
Level 91: get y xp, and kill Julra tier 3.
Level 92: get z xp, and reach wave 150 in arena.
Level 93: get yy xp, and reach 100 corruption.
And so on, and so on… By the time you reach 100, you have experimented all the content, at a challenging level.

This could include all dungeon bosses tier 3 and 4, some corruption, some arena and arena champions…

I think this could be an interesting way to make reaching level 100 more rewarding (on a personal level, don’t need material rewards).
And it could also be a great incentive for people to try all the content the game has to offer.

Thoughts?

[Note: as pointed in the other thread, it is important to remember that you don’t HAVE to reach level 100. All content is accessible before, and each level brings very little in terms of power.]

1 Like

Sounds pretty much like a Steam Achievement… which for me are somewhat motivating but depend heavily on the game - eg. Ticking off all of Terraria achievements was/is fine, but I am unlikely to do the same for Factorio or Witcher 3 cause I would probably be too bored to do so.

LIke in D3, Maybe EHG already has plans to do this within the games own system (unlinked to Steam?)… I’m sure there would be more than a few people keen to level a char to 100 on the online version if it meant a unique bit of cosmetic /transmog gear when you ding 100 or chat badge…

Personally, I would prefer something like a lvl 100 only dungeon of some kind… perhaps later in the game dev, they can create one elite dungeon thats the equivalent of a level 500 corruption…

I am not into bling myself, but I am sure that a really hard boss that only drops transmogs that create an outfit set for any class would appeal to those players into the flash lifestyle… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Weird, this is absolutely not what I had in mind. :open_mouth:

Mind you, I like achievements, but I have always taken for granted that LE would eventually have some built-in (including reaching max level with each class, I guess).

I was just trying to think of alternatives, as in, make reaching level 100 more challenging and therefore more personally rewarding, with other means that the classic xp loss on death.
(I actually like the xp loss on death concept myself, but as some people seem to hate it I was wondering if other ways could be found).

Your idea of a special dungeon is good, it could work in that direction, if we actually put it before level 100? Like after level 95 you need to run a special dungeon each level to progress?

To me this idea sounds kinda like what Path of Exile does with its 40 Challenges each league, like one challenge is beating the campaign, another is beating the pinnacle bosses, and so on.

Having challenges (whether rewarded or not) would be a cool way to incentivise exploration and trying content, like “Use all types of shrines” or “Defeat Tx Dungeons”, “Defeat Orobyss x times”, “Unlock Empowered timelines”.

That sort of thing.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.