Questions on Upheaval Totem

Hi Developer,

With the release of 0.8.4, Primalist gets a new skill named “Upheaval” and there is a node which can convert it into a totem. However, I am really confused how Upheaval Totem interacts with other nodes in the skill tree and also some of the other skills:

1. Does Upheaval Totem benefit from nodes “Natural Weapons” and “Glacial Crash”? Since both of the nodes mentioned “while using (type of weapon)” in the skill description. Does the buff provided in both nodes require us to use upheaval directly or it affects totem too?
  2. Does Upheaval Totem benefit from node “Frozen Collision” which provides additional flat melee cold damage and bonus melee damage to frozen unit?
  3. I have tested and feel disappointed that Storm Crows “Wisdom of the Storm” and “Arborist” nodes don’t work on Upheaval Totem. Is it intentional or a bug? I thought both of these Storm Crows nodes suppose to be able to buff Upheaval Totem by providing additional flat melee lightning damage?

Any answer provided is really appreciated. So I can start to grind and build around Upheaval Totem since I love totem build. Thanks.

1. It’s a minion so scales with minion stats/damage/etc, I don’t believe it would scale with player flat damage.
  2. I would presume so but I’ve not tried it.
  3. Bug.

Yea for Question 1. I have similar thinking to you but it is always better to wait for official reply from Developer.
For Question 2., is there a way to test? Since the tooltip won’t show totem damage. Too bad :frowning:
For Question 3., arh I see. Hope there is a fix soon.

1. Sorry, I didn’t check what those nodes were, not sure TBH, the easiest way is to check in low level mobs, same for 2. Take the nodes & see how much damage it does to mobs then respec the nodes.

Alright thanks. Will try to test it.

I have tested with a Primalist without upgrading any passive point and any item equipped, with 8 skill points invested in Upheaval (Sorry I don’t have very high level character to test). The testing below was done on mob “Starving Myrcfoot” in “The Sheltered Wood” area:

1. Natural Weapons - I tested with and without a two handed staff with Upheaval Totem. The flat melee cold damage from the node is really obvious so I can confirm the node work on Upheaval Totem (yay!). However, I didn’t test with Mace and Axe which buff skill area and bleed chance respectively (Hardly tell the difference anyway).
  2. Glacial Crash - I can’t really confirm it is working or not with Upheaval Totem. With only 2 points invested which bring 20% physical & cold penetration, I can’t really tell much difference as the Vanilla damage is around between 40-50 when I test. 20% penetration could only bring very little difference. So it is still unknown based on my testing result.
  3. Frozen Collision - I tested with only 1 point invested which brings +7 melee cold damage. But I can see the difference as the damage go from 40-50 to 50-60. I believe it is working with Upheaval Totem.

Thanks. Still hoping developer can provide official answer.

1 Like

You’ve provided the answers. :slight_smile:
Now that we have the ailment tracker, the bleed chance from Natural weapons should be obvious.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.