Questions (and answer) about Aspect of the Boar

In summary, I was doing a build which took all the nodes for “Aspect of the Boar”.
By itself, it gives 15% Damage reduction.
The other nodes give:

• 15% Additional damage reduction & 90% Health regen.
  • 40% Increased physical damage & Bleed chance on hit.
  • 120% Increased bleeding effectiveness.

Since all of those stats are good for my build, I thought about using the stat “increased Aspect of the Boar effect” present on Idols. This thread isn’t about how underwhelming that would have been if I succeeded in doing so (MAXIMUM 40% increased for 14 slots of Idols suffixes).

Instead, I was greeted by an even harsher reality which is that it only affects the initial 15% Damage reduction and nothing else (I cannot prove that it doesn’t affect the other 15% DR but since it doesn’t increase the healing that comes with it, I’m gonna assume it).

Now, I would understand if the passives said something like “give x while you have Aspect of the Boar” but that’s not the case. It says “Aspect of the boar also grant x” which made me assume that it became part of the buff itself.

My question is: Is it worth a bug report or am I just entitled to my understanding of the phrasing and should instead do it in “Feedback and Suggestions”. Also, how do you believe it should work and is 40% strong enough?

Thanks for reading and have a good day.

That’s not true, the devs have confirmed that Aspect of the Boar effectiveness also affects the DR given by Porcine Constitution as that is a modifier to the base effect of Aspect of the Boar, so I’d assume it should also affect the other nodes as well.

I see my mistake, instead of waiting for different instances of the buff, I used a single instance of the aspect to check it both with and without. Sorry for the disturbance then.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.