Question on shadows damage

I had thought previously they were like a minion or companion when looking at the bladedancer spec tree with specs into shadow damage. Then I saw llama8 mention “your shadows are extensions of your Rogue, they aren’t minions, therefore they will be able to apply everything that you can apply.” So my increased to said damage type will also affect my shadow when it does that damage as well? chance to ignite? what about damage at full health. Crit chance? Im so turned around when I read what llama8 said and its not mentioned anywhere else on the forums

Yes, though apparently they don’t leech for you which I believe is a bug. But everything else applies.

Awesome thanks for the answer! XD

Hey followup question to OPs, figured I’d post here instead of making a new thread:

I’m curious about the interaction between DoT’s applied by a Shadow and the Foreshadowing trait from the Synchronized Strike tree. It reads that Shadows created within 4s of SS deal x% increased damage. Would that also boost the base damage of the poison applied from an Acid Flask toss by the shadow? Or would it only increase the initial hit of the flask itself?

“Foreshadowing” gives global increased damage to the Shadows, so it would also increase the damage of ailments it applies.

Awesome, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.