Question about uniques drops / gambler

So, I’m trying to get The Ashen Crown which refuses to drop for me and I wanted to make sure of a few things just in case:

• Do I have a higher chance of this item to drop if I play with a Mage/Sorc due to it being an Unique of a Mage Class Base?

• When gambling for a Silver Crown, does my level affect the chance of getting one of this? I know that I have to be at least 42, but after that, since this is the only unique with that base, does it changes anything?

• Does anyone knows the aprox chance of getting an unique from the gambler? (not exactly, but if it’s like 1% or like 0.001%)

Thanks!

Yes, off-class-specific bases are significantly less likely to appear in your gambler’s pool. So if you want a class-specific gambleable unique, it’s best to do it on that class.

To an extent, it depends on the item base pool at higher levels. If there are more bases that become available at higher level then that dilutes the pool of stuff that can appear in the gambler. This is why gambling the Smokeweaver (lvl 52) unique Poignard (lvl 1 base) is such a pain in the arse, at the level required for the unique to be available the item base very rarely “drops”.

Though apparently that doesn’t take into account the rarity of the unique which is now a working “feature” for the gambler.

1 Like

Here I was mostly refering to natural drops, like from mobs, do I also have a higher chance to have Uniques from class specific bases? (I know that I have higher chances for normal, magical and rares for bases from that class, but I wasn’t sure if this also applied to uniques)

Great site! If it’s accurate then I have around a 1.3% for that unique and it doesn’t depend on level (maybe because it rolls rarity first and then everything else).

Thanks!

[quote=“Xisthos, post:3, topic:33839, full:true”]
Here I was mostly refering to natural drops, like from mobs, do I also have a higher chance to have Uniques from class specific bases? (I know that I have higher chances for normal, magical and rares for bases from that class, but I wasn’t sure if this also applied to uniques)

[quote]
I believe so, yes. To an extent at least.

Yes, but I don’t think it’s accurate at the moment. @Tunk

Yeah refresh cost is not accurate.

While ago gambler was changed so that low level armor/weapon bases are more rare, sim still assumes all bases have equal chance. So gambling+refreshes cost is no longer accurate especially when item base is much lower than your current level.

I’ll probably just remove refresh cost and you’ll have to figure out the refresh cost yourself.

1 Like

Good to know, but honestly I just wanted to know the odds of getting one despite the cost, so I still found the tool very useful. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.