Question about the shield throw node "rygar's fury"

Was watching Boardman21’s video and he talked about you can bypass this node’s block penalty if you have the shield barrage node (the one that makes your ST 0 CD), meaning you can still block when your shield’s out flying around. Is that still the case now? Is it a bug or it’s working as intended (which I highly doubt)?

This should be working as intended. The wording is a bit ambiguous, but ‘released’ is pointing to the period of time where the shield is out and the player has to wait for it to come back for the cooldown to start. Since shield barrage ignores the need to wait for the shield (and also removes the cooldown), it’s technically never considered ‘released’ any more.

1 Like

I see, that’s actually pretty dope and makes lots of sense! Thanks for the clarification :smiley:

Is this confirmed?

McFluffin said it so probably yes.

Doesn’t work like that anymore. You no longer block when shield is released even with 0s cd unless its bugged again

Thanks for the update!

So difference of opinion on whether this works. All I can say is that my Block Chance on my char sheet does not change when I throw my Shield. I know this doesn’t prove anything, but other buffs I can give myself (eg buffing my Attack Speed via Smite) do instantly show up on my character sheet. Normally, the char sheet is very reliable.

As you can see here, it does not work. Its not matter of opinion. Shield used in this clip is called bastion of honor and has 100% block chance when enemy is in that circle

1 Like

Thanks. I guess that is a dead node then?

Does anyone know how Shield Throw “Rygar’s Fury” node interacts with Shield Bash “Perfect Bulwark” node?

Based on the testing shown by FOE, we can no longer block when we attack with Shield Throw even it has no cooldown with “Shield Barrage” node. However, Shield Bash “Perfect Bulwark” mentioned you are guaranteed to block for up to 3 hits after using Shield Bash. So which node takes priority? If “Rygar’s Fury” remains top priority, does it mean the guaranteed block for up to 3 hits is gone?

Also will “Perfect Bulwark” buff Shield Throw damage based on “Rygar’s Fury” node? Does the guaranteed block makes you have something like +100% block chance for up to 3 hits? I am really confused can someone explains these interaction to me?