Question about Effigy of Combustion on Summon Volatile Zombie

From the description of Effigy of Combustion it says “Zombies have a chance to cast Infernal Shade on the nearest enemy when the Zombie dies.” From that I would assume it would follow the rules of other minions that cast spells - using the minion’s stats and not using the player’s skill tree.

It also says “Infernal Shade cast this way costs less mana.”, which doesn’t make sense to me because if the zombie is casting the spell as it dies why does it matter how much mana it spends on it? The only reason I can see for the mana cost effect would be if it’s actually causing the player to cast Infernal Shade, which would use the player’s stats and skill tree.

Some clarity on how this passive works would be helpful.

No, it says “When your Zombies die you have a chance to cast Infernal Shade”. So it uses your spec’d skill.

Edit: I sware it used to say “you have a chance to cast…”…

Edit #2: But it’s proccing fire shred so it’s using my spec’d skill in any event.

Then there must be a typo in the version that went live today, because I’m staring right at it and my quote is exactly what it says.

“Zombies have a chance to cast Infernal Shade on the nearest enemy when the Zombie dies.”

Yes, you are quite correct (per my edit). But it does use your spec’d skill.

Ok, good to know. Thanks for the response!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.