Question about arena and hardcore

So if your hardcore character dies in the arena, does it become a ghost, or would you just fail the arena and be ported out? I’m kinda scared to try lol.

You become a ghost.
But you can leave arena every 5 levels, it’s all about knowing when to stop.

I guess that makes sense. I was worried about random 1 shots, but I suppose things would gradually get harder and more dangerous. I might give it a go in a few levels. I finally got my first hardcore character to 58. Beat Lagon and finished the first timeline, i’m Trying to remember what level my druid was when he cleared to wave 100 the first time.

My only level 100 character is a ghost. As pointed here he can’t be in the ladder, but apart from that he can do everything in SC mode.

That’s a bit of a disappointment. I can see not showing up on the HC ladder anymore after becoming a ghost, but I don’t see the need to prevent the character from showing up on SC. Thats a bit odd in my mind, but I guess it’s good to know at least.

I guess there has to be some kind of risk when you chose hardcore.
The idea of keeping the character at all is already very “vanilla”. (Yes, I am aware PoE does the same.)

Yeah, honestly I’m used to D2 and D3 where death was permanent for hardcore, so it’s quite nice to be able to continue with the character, and I feel having it moved to SC is a good middle ground. That way I don’t have to start all the way over if I’m trying something new. I just don’t see the need for the “ghost” tag, as we already have the “deathless” tag in SC. Seems a bit redundant to have both once the HC char dies and moves to SC.

The entire HC system is pointless with this new trend of keeping the characters, deathless tag would be enough. I just don’t get it. The whole point of playing HC is the adrenaline because you know you might loose everything in a tick if you do the slightest mistake…

But please, ignore me, I am just old and grumpy, I will keep on deleting my HC characters if they die and leave you youngsters alone.
:wink:

Like I said, i’m used to the complete death style of HC also, but assuming that the game will require online to play at some point, and that internet connections aren’t always under our control, I can see a place for this middle ground. I’ve lost a lot of HC characters in multiple games due to random things out of my control that weren’t even related to the game.

I definitely agree that the “deathless” tag kinda covers the bragging rights though.

I really see a difference between Deathless and Ghost.
Ghost means you started as HC, with a different stash, different shards, items, etc. Maybe you had an advantage that is totally insane compared to your SC characters. In that point of view, I totally understand that you can’t be in the ladder.
Deathless, when absent, just means you died at least twice, but were already in SC and were not challenged not to die. Both are different approaches of the game.
I don’t like HC, because you depend on things you don’t control. When we’re online, in the future, we depend on lag or disconnections. We depend on bandwidth issues. Currently, in an offline environment, it’s a bit easier. But even sometimes, I have a one minute Internet disconnection that makes LE freeze. If I die, I want to die because I made a mistake, not because I had some lag or so.
And so that’s why I like the Ghost feature. I have two Ghosts in HC, one is level 100 and sometimes farms items, legendaries and corruption. The other one has reached empowered and struggles to stay alive, because she’s a necromancer.

BTW: I too am an old grumpy person. Grumpy is one of my nicknames. Totally approved by my children.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.