Question about acolyte lich node - Crippling insight

The node says “reduced health regeneration”. By wording, I would assume that it does only affect health regeneration per second, and not aura of decay healing node, which says “heals”, not “regenerates”. Same for leech.

Does anyone know? Did anyone test it? Or is willing to test?

Cippling Insight interacts with Health Regeneration which is a generic stat that everybody can get and you can even see this in your Character Sheet (Top left below the Health)
Heal or any health gained on hit are not considered health regeneration.
So Aura of Decay Absence of Life node, that gives you %missing health healed each second is not affected.

Even though this is not the question asked I will spin this a bit further for more overarching across multiple Acolyte (and Unique) mechanics. Since I think there are a lot of new players here for which its worth reading.

There are a couple of different effects that in some way or the other lower your health over time. They all use speific wordings.

There is:
drain (Acolyte and Lich passives)
decay (Reaper Form)
lost (Unqiues and Experimental Affixes)

The Acolyte and Lich passives (Crimson Gluttony + Volatile Blood) which reduced health drain only affect the health drain from passive, not the Health Lost or Health Decay.

1 Like

Thank you! This was very helpful.

I will expand my questions a bit then since I have you here:

1. so the only way to reduce lich form health decay is Mistress of decay node? This node however says “health drained” not “health decayed”. Are you absolutely sure the reduce drain passives doesn’t affect lich form decay? If so, maybe devs should change the wording in the mistress of decay node from drain to decay.
  2. Does lich form health decay increase over time?
  3. Assuming above is correct, there is no need to spec into the crimson gluttony and volatile blood, unless i take the acolyte and lich drain nodes?
  1. Reaper Form is very old and the tooltips have not ben overhauled. It true that this node states Health Drained. But Reaper Form’s decay is not affected by anything.

2. Yes it does. it also drains a flat amount of health per second, which means higher health pool will make feel it better.

3. Correct

1. not affected by anything? not even the mistress of decay?

2. is there a formula how much health is drained over time somewhere?

3. are these 2 passives additive or multiplicative with each other? maxing out both would reduce the drain by 75%?

4. the blood pact node says “percent of your maximum health each second”, while unclosing wounds and mind over body says “current health drained per second”. Does that mean they act separately and the damage reduction is calculated individually?
    Blood pact: 5% max health minus 75% = 1,25% max health each second while its active?
    Unclosing wounds and Mind over body: 18% current health minus 75% = 4,5% current health per second?

5. If i take healing aura of decay, put best increased healing effectiveness i can find on every slot available, would that alone be enough to sustain lich form, drain nodes and health to ward items, since it increases its effectiveness the less % health i have? Or do i need to be active with leech and orb healing (rip blood, marrow shards) to maintain all?

Sorry for so many questions but I really need to know before I commit my time into something I might regret. I really appreciate your help.

1. I should have said “Not affected by anything else”. That node obviously does affect it.

2. Not sure, but doesn’t really matter anyway

3. They are additive. You don’t really need all 15 passive points, but if you like to not be rushed too much during echoes it helps putting a couple of in those.

They all do the exact same and yes 75% will make all the value be 0.25 of its original value

You can sustain reaper form for a loooooooooooooooooong time with Healing Effectiveness.

You don’t really need the ward/missing health items and uniques because the heal will keep you full health all the time.

1 Like

Thank you, this really helped with my build im working on.

One last thing (for now): you say “they (the drain nodes) all do the exact same”. But blood pact says MAX health drained, while the others say CURRENT. So if the wording is correct, blood pact is more dangerous since it will drain much more health when im low on life.

Yes you are right, that is true, however that effect is only in place when you killed enemies recently. So its not that dangerous, because its not permanent.

1 Like