Proposition for new chars and monolith timelines

Some players have requested an open access to all timelines for new characters, after the first one. Currently, these chars can only access the first timeline.

I suggest a trial. For all characters after the first one, the first timeline will be open as it is now. The other timelines will be open if the character can do an echo. One per timeline.

So, I do the campaign with a new char, I talk to Agony and I go to the Monolith. There, I think I can face the Emperor, so I go to Reign of Dragons and I have a Trial Echo. If I win it, I can access the timeline. If I canā€™t, I can try again.

What do you think?

It seems that nobody is interested.
So, what makes you think itā€™s a bad idea?

Dont think its a bad idea specificallyā€¦ just that i dont think its neededā€¦

Iā€™d much rather have something to bypass the campaign and go straight to the first Monolith and proceed as it is nowā€¦

I personally have no problem doing monos in the current wayā€¦ I dont feel the need to have a shortcut to get to higher monos - never even considered needing it actuallyā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s something Iā€™ve seen multiple times. People asking for a way to share monolith progression between characters.
I personaly level my chars with the campaign, so when itā€™s over, they are able to do the first timeline, maybe one after (62 or 66), but probably no more. I donā€™t feel a need to access timelines 90 right after the campaign.
But for people who chose to level with Arena, it may be different, I can understand.

Suppose there is always someone that needs somethingā€¦ I like that the monos are a progression for leveling 60-90ish and giving access (even via your suggested ā€œtrial gateā€) would ruin thatā€¦

May as well make all monos open and parallel & scale based on character level then - and just have the corruption as a way to make them harder for your levelā€¦

Personally the only thing I would like in Monos right now is shared corruption in empowered monoliths - iā€¦e if I have 200 corruption in one mono, then I would like this same corruption to be in place across all monos for a single character and any changes in corruption apply to allā€¦ (not for normal monos, just empowered ones)ā€¦ with maybe a reset option that clears all corruption for everything if you wanted to (or overspecd it)ā€¦ but thats probably a high end game top tier kind of request that probably wouldnt be for 90% of the player baseā€¦

I would like this. I would also like it if the catch up mechanic was account wide, that way I wouldnā€™t have to grind trivial content while playing alts that may already be geared well enough to do high corruption.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.