Projectile Handling / Hitbox improvements

Are there plans to improve projectile handling?
For instance - i use hammers (same issues with firing arrows) where they either travel into the floor or into the sky.

I’m not talking stairs/slopes, its more the tiniest of bumps or uneven surfaces you come across - you can be standing right ontop or next to a mob and the hammers just fly over their heads, never hitting which is very frustrating.
Would increasing the hitboxes on a vertical (both up and down) resolve some of these missed hits?

Two examples being Lake Liath or Sheltered Abyss (for testing purposes) where just running around on a seemingly flat surface, casting hammers shows plenty of missed projectiles not hitting - but this is across the board on most maps.

Apologies if this is a repeat post, i couldn’t find similar with projectiles topic searching recently.

There are quite a few problems with hammer targetting and its a fairly well known issue… and, I expect, why currently successful hammer builds tend to be used to proc other attacks or secondary effects rather than being a primary targetted skill… Most builds I have seen just have hammers spinning around proccing smites etc - At least thats my take from my experiences being very similar to the issues you describe…

The devs do know about this and have made some improvements to hitboxes/targetting for other ranged skills - especially Rogue arrows etc, but nothing that I recall specifically for hammers - might have missed it in a patch note, but I doubt it. It is a little better than it used to be but for me, using hammerthrow as a target skill is pretty crappy right now…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.