Predictable/Influenced Weaver's will + spread to all Uniques

Hi,

I really like the new Weaver’s will system but there are two complementary design proposals I believe would make this system even more appealing :pray:

1. Make it a possibility for all uniques

Instead of having this system for certain uniques only, it would be nice that all uniques can obtain it.

2. Make the outcome influenced/predicable

The weaver’s will system is really nice and could become even better if we could have a way to influence the lines we need. It exists on the legendary potential system (with crafting), it should also exist on the Weaver’s will system.
Have it influenced (a certain chance% to get a certain line) or predictable (100% chance to get a certain line) would be awesome!
The way to Precit or Influence a line could also be through crafting or dungeon or maybe an additional system to design.

If you combine both proposals, you create two different systems (LP or WW) that would provide two different ways to get the one item you need for your build!

Hope this proposal will get some “echo” :sweat_smile:

1 Like
  1. Do I get this right? You want LP and WW on the same item? If I got it right I’m completely against it.

2. WW is a terrible slot machine and every way to make it more predictable would be nice but sadly I highly doubt the WW system will change at all.

3 Likes

I’m with Macknum.

While I also have my concerns about the Weaver’s Will system.
Mainly that it’s too similar to regular legendary crafting and doesn’t solve the most critiqued point regarding legendary crafting (not enough determinism).

I think there is not a lot of substance to discuss this already.
We all should play and test the new system before giving feedback.

The affix weighting for WW items is vastly different and we can’t say if it’s good or bad yet.

You seem to be confusing “Unique” and “Legendary”. Applying Weaver’s Will on top of a legendary item would be ridiculously broken.

1 Like

With you on this one.

I have always loved the idea of items that level with the player character in any game genre and I sincerely hope that WW implementation turns out to be a good, creative version of this.

Right now from the info provided I have no idea if its going to work or not and we definitely have to wait for whatever the implementation ends up being / working in practise. At first glance it looks on paper to be ok, but there are things that worry me in practise but I’ll reserve a rant till after I have gotten my hands on one.

Just type out the word legendary… To me it sounds like you proposed the left leg of an item gets weavers will and the right leg of the item gets legendary potential. And we affix each leg individually.

100% agree, this has been my thought on this during this whole feedback thread. We don’t know exactly how well this will work until we try it out.
On the outset it looks like maybe it’s too close to Legendaries and that it could have been done a little differently but how can anyone know for sure unless they have already tested them out.

No no no :slight_smile:
Let’s take an example, imagine you drop the frost boots. A roll will happen that will define if it identifies with the WW system OR the LP one. Certainly not both at the same time!

1 Like

Once again I absolutley do not propose that WW could be added at the same time as LP!
The first point of my proposal is to make a chance on ALL leg (not uniques) to get EITHER the LP system OR the WW one :wink:

I never said you would, but that you confused “Unique” with “Legendary”. Legendaries are unique items with additional affixes applied via the Legendary Potential (LP) system. The new alternative is Weaver’s Will that applies also to specific new unique items, as an alternative to the slightly older legendary system.

So, uniques can have LP which allows them to become legendary items.
In the future, certain new uniques can have WW as an alternative to legendaries.

Ok I got it and just edited the first message to avoid the confusion, thanks :wink:

What?

We get items that have a roll range of WW points. When they level up they get a random affix and lose said WW points. Why should we play with this when the article give you all informations there are before giving feedback? It’s pretty much obvious. We get items that are by themself not soooooo good but all of the sudden rise in power or become complete crap.

Says who? it looks completely random. If the affixes were adjusted to the item so a shield for example rolls block chance block efficency armor and whatnot I’m a happy panda because it’ll not be all over the place. From the post about WW I can’t belive this will happen calling the cultipt of the mechanic unpredictable should be obvious enough.

I might be completely wrong but if the affixes are themed to the items EHG should’ve said this in big fat bold letters and should’ve not invented a new itemistaion project that again looks like a maniac just thought of ways to put a system in place that involves as much as possible rng.

The devs. Mike answered several questions on stream and discord.

It’s also not complete random. It only rolls affixes that can naturally be on that item type. But the weighting will be different.
For example +Skill affixe or other rarer affixes like %Health or hybrid health will be more common.

1 Like

wouldnt be balanced is my guess…
So if they would do this which i think they should not with all the uniques but some would be cool. They also need to rework the whole item stat wise so it would not be overpowered or underpowered.

I wonder why you have to play with the item before getting the stats.
Sounds tedious playing with a half baked unique at first just to get hopefully good stats.
But i need to play with it first to see how it actually is ofc…

Thx a lot! I have no time to follow streams or whatever was said in discord so I missed this information while reading the official forums makes total sense… not.

Having a better chance of some rare affixes don’t make it any better from my point of view because we’ll already have better chances at certain affixes if they appear 0.00000000001% more often.
I stand by my oppinion that the whole slot machine itemisation system is there to keep people playing because the content that is there to play is lackluster and subpar to other games of the genre that exist or soon will be exist like D4 and PoE2. I’m confident the WW will make me pretty angry because it’ll roll only crap stats :smiley: .

1 Like

This and being even more mad because my best friend tend to have all the luck on the world with those kind of things. Atleast in POE… so iam gonna be even more mad :sob:

You can be unhappy about weavers will, but you can’t just dismiss the increased chance to get rarer affixes by saying it’s negligible. That’s the entire point of what Heavy was trying to say. We won’t know how it feels until we can actually play with the system. We can make baseless assumptions (which is what you’re doing) until we either see the exact chances for affixes or get a feel for the affixes that we see more commonly.

2 Likes

I can and I did :man_shrugging: . Untill there is a “one out of 4 affixes will be a rare one” bottom line system everything is still rng. Like having 3 Exangs in 2k hours of playing LE. In theory the chances to get far more of them should be much much muuuuch higer and I still only got three.

When you have a high enough sample size I’m eager to look at the numbers but right now I call it a trash tier random slot machine but I will be the first to say I was wrong when i was proofen wrong.
As soon as the patch hits I’ll be running it down to get WW pieces to test this but again I don’t have any hope at all that this will be good.

Everyone else can be very happy and pleased by this system to each their own :wink: .

So a devs says “you’re much more likely to get a rarer affix” & with your extensive knowledge of the WW system you think it’s ok to say that they’re wrong?