Possible Bug: Lagon's "Click"-box is crazy huge

Hello, I play a Spellblade that runs Firebrand and Surge. I faced Lagon in the Lvl 75 timeline and died because I couldn’t move in time. I was clicking on the platform but my character attacked Lagon instead. I have Move + Attack on Firebrand. I’ve attached pics to show times when I tried to move by clicking somewhere on the platform but it instead chose to attack Lagon.

Note that my cursor is about where my FB and Aura intersect, in the middle of the platform.

Lagon’s hitbox is a very well known issue.

Have they addressed this issue already?

Evidently not.

Pain. Thanks for letting me know anyways.

He also can’t be targetted by Charge and certain other movement skills, rendering some builds unable to even fight him.

I know what you mean. Had to respec out of Firebrand and into ShatterStrike just so I could reliably land some hits.

It’d be nice to at least get acknowledgement that they’re aware of the issue and working on it. Reminds me of Sirus in POE with all the bugs.

We can only hope. I’m still under the impression that they’re doing a pretty good job and I’m still having fun so far. Just started playing a lot safer on Lagon, sticking to the sides and all.

Just died for the 5th time on that overgrown squid jus because it’s exceptioinlly hard to move around on that platform and my skills don’t work more often than they do… (Lunge? Forget about it, doesn’t work. Melee attack? Maybe if you don’t just move or stand still stuck behid something invisible.)
For the regular version of this fight you can just ignore most of that as you can outgear it, but in the monolith version there’s bound to be some majorly painfull mod that simply makes the encounter extremely deadly.
This fight feels completely overtuned compared to anything else in the game. The mechanics seem ok, I understand them, I know them. But there’s always some bug that stops me from moving or from using my skills and there’s simply no room for error in that buggy squid fight it seems.
I sure hope they fix the pathing issues in this thing, because at the moment, both my chars are simply stuck their for 10 levels now. Feels utterly frustrating rather than challenging the way it is now.

Lunge doesn’t work on him (since he’s not in a valid spot for you to also be when you’ve Lunge’d to him, he’s off the edge), melee minions don’t work well (at all) & if you have a skill on your LMB you’re borked.

Lunge is annoying since it reduces your DPS but it’s not an issue per se. Melee minions is an issue & while binding a skill to your LMB & not being able to move is also an issue that they need to fix it also has the simple workaround of the player un-binding the skill then it’s fine.

Getting clipped by his eye beam will likely oneshot you in the monolith, which is supposed to be what happens. Ditto for the big moon AoE.

While playing the game I already noticed that setting LMB to move+attack can lead to unexpected/unwanted behaviour rather often. When facing Lagon, I bound LMB back to move only as it would just lead to my death way to easily when my char would just keep attacking or would not move at all when LMB was bound to move+attack.

As for Lunge: the real problem is that it requires a target to be able to cast and that this target has to be reachable in a straight line from your character without any obstacles in between you and this target. This makes it feel very unresponsive way too often when your mouse is not positioned exactly above a target’s hitbox or when some piece of the terrain is on the path to your target. (And obviously this is why it simply does not work on Lagon.)

Unfortunatelt, Lunge is the only movement skill available to me (I think) as I don’t use a shield. Not being able to cast Lunge to move around (no valid targets to Lunge to) can lead up to situations like my last attempt: Lagon starts his sweep beam right after I moved out of the big storm telegraph and I ended up at the complete left after avoiding some waves. As het had “locked on” his start of the wave right before I moved to the left, I was now standing in the area that was about to be covered with no way to get out. All I could do was yell at my screen as he laughed at me for not removing the final 10% of his HP bar. I was so lose :sob:

There’s a simple way round this. If you’re always on one side of the ledge (personally I stay maybe 1/4-1/5 “off centre”) then when Lagon does his sweeping eye beam he will always start it in the middle (ish) & sweep towards the edge of the ledge on the side you’re standing on. So if you’re on the left of centre when he starts his head-waggle you can safely run to the right side & he’ll sweep from the centre (ish) to the left side. You don’t need any movement skills for this, or even much movement speed on your boots.

TLDR: stay off-centre (but not too far so you can’t run past the middle before the beam starts) during the fight & when he starts waggling his head run to the other side of the ledge.

Normally, I try to stay around the centre to leave as many paths as possible to dodge incoming attacks, but last 2 fights, the combination of the big circle telegraph and the waves pushed me in a corner. I’ll get him eventually. Just need to avoid some crazy mods on the fight, get some better (+HP) gear, learn to react quicker, …
(and yell at my screen some more)

Once I bring him down (in Monolith), I’ll probably explore a new class to see how that works out. So far both my Forge Guard and my Void Knight have been slain in various ways :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.