Possibility of applying more than 1 spark charge per hit?

I have 100% chance to apply a Spark Charge with Mana Strike. If I get +X% chance to apply spark charge on hit (from idols for example), will I have a chance to apply more than 1 spark charge per hit with mana strike ?

I read it was possible ( Question about the prefix for the chance Spark Charge - #2 by Heavy ), but since it’s a very old post, maybe it was changed and I’d like confirmation.

Why would that change? Spark Charge is behaving like any other ailment.

That is how it is intended. If it would not work like that it would be considered a bug.

Yes, you can apply more than one Spark Charge. Spark Charge is an ailment (debuff) with a max limit of “unlimited”, so you can stack as many as you can.

Thanks for the replies. I understand now that I can stack spark charges if I hit fast enough. But my question specifically was : Can I apply more than 1 charge with a single hit ? I want to be sure to know if there is a reason to go above 100% chance to apply a spark charge.

I’m not sure, but usually ailments have a counter under the enemy health bar. Try to test on the dummy, if a single hit applies more than two stacks of spark charge ailment. Or at least look at the damage numbers, they should double or appear twice

I tried, but Spark charges don’t have a visible counter on ennemies. And it seems I get 2 damage numbers when the charge explodes, even with just 100% chance.

If you have 140% chance to apply a spark charge you will always get 1 spark charge and have a 40% chance to get a second one on each hit.

1 Like

Thank you !

1 Like