Poignard Gambling

Poignards never show up in gambling. Please make Poignards show up more in gambling. One attempt to gamble in 600-700 rolls is nuts, making items like smoke weaver unattainable. I cant target farm it, and I can’t gamble it. Is it even in the game?

Did you try with a low level hero? Poignard is a low level base, so a high level hero can gamble many different bases while a low level hero will only have a few. Therefore, a low level hero will see Poignard more often. The level of Poignard is 1, so rush to the Gambler and you should be fine.

If you are trying for smoke weaver then I think your char has to be level 52 (level of the Smoke Weaver)…

Honestly tho… based on Tunks Gambling Simulator, you are only likely to get the smokeweaver 3 times out of a 1000 poignards with a lvl 52 char… So I’d just play the game and hope for it as a drop…

Thanks for the replies,

Indeed a low-level hero can get Poignards for days, however the Smoke weaver is level 52 as Vapourfire stated. The issue is simply that the poignard base does not show up past a certain point, (my lowest character other than a level 5 is a level 67, and still the problem persists.) I may level a character to 52 to do more testing. I also target farmed it on the level 55 Fall of the outcast, getting as much rarity as possible for hours and still nothing.

It really is RNG… I wanted to try a Rogue with the Smoke Weaver and realised that gambling is not worth the time - who wants to play an Arpg just to gamble…

So I forgot about it and three days later while leveling my Paladin, I got one and then another the next session while on a VK… I have 2 or 3 out of 700h odd of playing (obviously including all the hours where it couldnt drop due to level requirements on a dozen chars)…

I really would just play the game and if one drops then try the build… else its just frustration… not enjoyment…

That’s what im currently doing, still playing the build the smoke weaver calls for, making it work until it decides to show up. Oddly enough its the only unique I think I can recall not dropping during my 100s of hours, of course its the one I need for my favorite build :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That discussion already came up alot and while i hate to admit having game systems to allow certain stuff (like target gambling uniques) doesn’t work for specific stuff feels bad, i don’t think it’s that big of a deal.

Smoke Weaver is no rare unique, just play the game and you will eventually get one very soon. If you want to get some extra chances, get the “increased unique drop chance” blessing from “Fall of The Outcats” Lvl 55 timeline.

2 Likes

Do that and then go for “increased dagger drop rate” in Blood Frost Death at 70.

With both of those active I got lots of Smoke Weavers dropping (every other day when I was playing all day, to give you a rough idea). I stopped picking them up after I had 4 with nice rolls.

This targeted “MF-bonus” which you can choose per character is really great. I didn’t appreciate how good it actually is until I went looking for Smoke Weaver.

1 Like

This is how I found mine.

The blessings that increasing drop rates for specific base types do not affect unique base type drops.

They don’t roll first the base then the chances to blue/gold/unique it (the way PoE does)?
Edit: My experience going the +uniques +weapon blessings was with two characters, one chasing Smoke Weaver and the other Reach of the Grave (which rolls in such a wide range you chase a good one for a long time).
For both of those my SUBJECTIVE impression was loads of Smoke Weaver on one (with few wands) and plenty of Reach of the Grave on the other. It felt like it helps a great deal!

I don’t know how the system works exactly in LE.
But I know from a dev that only the unique blessing affects unique drop rates.

1 Like

In gambling you are selecting the base first then the rarity rolls. Its the opposite in open world from what I am noticing.

2 Likes

No, the rarity is rolled first, that’s why you can still get uniques from bases that were removed from the game.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification bros, it was very helpful!

I’m glad this started a discussion on the matter. I have some follow up questions for those of you who have been successful in getting Smoke Weaver to fall from the sky. Did you simply farm the highest level Echo possible? Or did you have a specific method? This is what my game has turned into, find the smoke weaver.

I don’t remember. I found three of them, without looking for, they just dropped at a moment.

I didnt have the unique drop boost on both the chars that got the drops - only one… And yes the drops happened for me in level 85 and up… I remember because I was actually trying to see how many purples would drop depending on the level I was farming… the Smoke Weavers were just a bonus… ;-)… I have not gotten a smoke weaver drop since 0.8.1,

edit: Now that I recall I was also farming MoFs (ignoring quest echos) so I was trying to stack the Mof drop boosts - which can cause quite the loot explosion…

In the 70 and 75 normal timelines were the drops and gambled another before the drops.

I’ve also found that having a character directly at level 52 has netted me a lot more gambling attempts. I have an inventory full of poignards, yet no smoke weaver just yet.