Pls change 1 line in Lament of the refuge

Lament of the refuge is on paper a fun option to approach volcanic orb in my opinion.
The problem with this item however is that this is the only item for mage that changes a skill into void damage.
Because of this other skills still do lightning, cold, fire damage for example.

The problem in my opinion:
The spear gives flat spellvoid damage which makes it even harder to use a different skill beside volcanic orb and make it somewhat viable. Even with scaling generic spell damage.
The reasons being:
1: Mage has zero passives or skill nodes that support void damage.
2: Normally one of the biggest sources to get flat damage is of the weapons.
Now you lose all the spell damage of the weapon for other skills because the spear only gives spell void flat damage. And there is no other way to convert the other skills into void.
So the void flat damage only benefits Volcanic orb.
This skill alone together with dark shroud of cinders chest is seems just not worth it from my tests. I also posted this on the forum and others seem to agree.

My suggestion is to change the spellvoid damage on the spear into generic flat spell damage. This would open up the option to play volcanic orb with other skills without other skills doing potato damage since they benefit of the spear now aswell.

I really hope this is getting changed because now this item feels like a dead unique to me.
There are so many hoops to jump through with this spear at the moment.
Keep enough fire stacks up can be challeging and if volcanic orb finally does more damage than the fire variant, i lost the weapon slot the chest slot and fire aura nodes to justify it.

If the extra aura stacks (you know how hard it is if you tried) and the heraldy stacks FINALLY give you a bit of uptime (which i found pretty unreliable since the percentages of the heraldy stacks were pretty awful). I finally do acceptable damage at best.

In the end it didnt seem to be worth it like at all. Beside the items etc i lost i also lost the other skills sort of. The damage loss of those skills is just to much in my expirience, so i have to rely on volcanic orb only which at this point imo is just not enough.

Could you please atleast change the spell void damage into generic flat damage.
Iam not 100% sure if this item is good enough than since i need to test it.
However what i do know is that other skills atleast are viable again to play beside volcanic orb which would be a lot of fun in my opinion.

You have a missunderstanding a bit.

The flat void does apply to other spells even if they are not void.

and that damage still scales with increased void damage.

So if you were scaling void damage for VO, you can still use say lightning blast. it would still get flat void added.

2 Likes

that seems odd since it doesnt reflect that ingame neither does it trough the damage tooltip.
When i equip back my flat spell damage staff my other fire skills sky rocket again.
So i guess its a bug?

I didnt knew btw that flat void would benefit for other spells so thanks a lot for that info :smiley: !

yeah it might be a bug if its not applying, but that would be an extremely weird bug lol.

i agree about it being weird. But there must be something going on since the damage difference is so massive.

It’s tough to tell without having your character sheet in my eyes, but “+void spell damage” adds flat void damage to any element of spell, the void damage portion which is then multiplied by spell% and void%.

As for why you lose damage, I kind of need to see the items changed around, but stuff like your void%damage being low compared to your fire%damage might mean that you don’t add all that much damage comparatively. You might also have some cast speed involved, which would increase the DPS numbers quite a lot.

Unequip the spear completely and compare the damage and your character sheet before reequipping it, then kind of do the same for the other weapon and pay attention to which stats change on your offensive character sheet.
Cast speed, %Damages, whatever tags are associated with the spells are things to look for.

yeah thats fair enough feedback i understand its hard to see without screenshots.
if iam changing it back when i have time i’ll make screenshots but iam not sure if iam willing changing everything again since it wasnt worth it and others said the same thing on a different thread of me.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.