Please, remove the gender lock!

Hello all,

I am sure this was discussed several times but I believe this deserves as many topics as needed. I just purchased the game, looking forward to starting as Necromancer and I was pretty disappointed to find out the classes are gender locked.

I am the kind of guy that can not play female characters in online games so this will limit my choices and replayability of the Last Epoch pretty significantly.

Please, consider removing the gender lock!

Thank you for listening

2 Likes

Imagine being so insecure you can’t fathom playing as a woman

That aside, yeah playing as a female sentinel would be sick, no gender lock would be a net positive

1 Like

What a strange way to reply to a suggestion that you agree with. Some people have personal preferences. I’m sure there are women who wouldn’t be able to play male characters.

1 Like

Given that if you do a search, and you find that the answer is “We want to do it, and will do it, but it’s very expensive, so we’re unable to do it now”, no, it really does not need any more topics.

1 Like

The devs are aware of this request. many many people have asked for it and it was answered in large detail by multiple devs (including Mox, the CEO and Game Director of EHG) in this Thread:

This thread is still open and does not automatically close (like regular threads), because they devs know how important it is to some people.

Please feel free to give your thoughts in that thread.

In case you are not interested in it here is the TLDR:

• Yes they want to do it
  • But it cost a lot of time and effort (New Intro Cinematic, New Voice Acting, New Animations, New Models etc.)
  • This also doubles the work of future things that get added like 3D models etc.

Please use the main thread for this discussion.

3 Likes