Please, heavily buff minion movespeed

The number one issue when playing a minion build is that it is very easy to leave them behind, so easy in fact that you are basically forced to rapid tap the A key and wait for them. In addition they keep attacking enemies screens away from you so they may never actually decide to follow you.

I think that minions should 1: have a LOT more movespeed 2: teleport near you automatically if you go more than a screen away from them.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback.

Weā€™ve a modest buff for the movement speed of minions planned for our next update. Weā€™ll see how things feel after that and make further changes if necessary.

5 Likes

agreed that this will make minion builds feel a lot betterā€¦ i currently use eterraā€™s path on my minion build along with lots of passives dedicated to minion speed and my skeles keep up decently but it does feel like a LOT more investment than non-minion builds have to put into movespeed.

glad to hear itā€™s already forthcoming :smile:

Yeah, having recently started a minion build, itā€™s a bit annoying to have them follow me then stop when a mob comes in range (theyā€™re almost all ranged, very few melee) when Iā€™d ideally like them to encircle me like a pack of over zealous angry bee bodyguards that fire fireballs.

1 Like

Agreed.

Minions need to be a wall in front of a player, not trailing behind.

It would resolve a lot of the ā€œstop-startā€ nature of minion builds and greatly improve the flow of combat.

thatā€™s also a good point, and while movespeed will help with it itā€™s more of an issue of tether distanceā€¦ it seems that the AI is instructed to begin moving towards the player when they reach the outside bounds of the invisible tether (assuming they arenā€™t fighting something or havenā€™t been commanded to move/attack somewhere else). but then they stop moving when they reach the outer perimeter of the tether range, and if you havenā€™t commanded them they will often be out of range of enemies, leaving you vulnerable.

what iā€™d like to see is the ability to set each type of minion as ā€œpassiveā€ (current behavior), ā€œdefensiveā€ (closely tethered to the player, moving when you move and staying as close as their speed allows, only attacking things in range and not wandering off after strays), or ā€œaggressiveā€ (again moving along with the player, but with a longer tether and a sort of forward-tendingā€“relative to the playerā€“elliptical aggro-zoneā€¦ my hope being that with enough investment in minion movespeed they would precede the player as they explore the zone and only break ranks to pursue stragglers if not commanded recently)

i feel that the current behavior is fine in a number of cases, but i think it would help diversify minion builds. some adjustments might need to be made to balance the power of such builds with these changes but i believe itā€™d be worth it for the QoL.

2 Likes

The speed may be an issue, but for me the most frustration comes from minion ai.
It feels like walking an unruly dog, one second you are not pressin A key, and they are all over the map.
https://imgur.com/M2TOC24
I would suggest introducing some radius around player, which forces them stay inside.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.