Please Add Bigger and High Contrast Mouse Cursors

The mouse cursor is so small in Last Epoch and in the middle of fights, it can easily get lost. Please add options for to make the mouse cursor bigger, and have some high contrast options available too. Yes, just like Path of Exile.

2 Likes

Among many others.
Long story short, making a different cursor icon is complicated, you can use windows setting to increase your cursor size and it will stay big in-game.

Hello and welcome to the LE forum!

The devs already said that they are very much for adding customizable cursors.
The problem is, due to a engine limitation it is currently not possible.

I am sure if they find a solution they will add it.

Grab a copy of YoloMouse, costs less than a cup of coffee and it works great.

1 Like

Yolomouse is great, and works for any game

1 Like

YoloMouse 100% and its dirt cheap too

1 Like

Here is another endorsement for YoloMouse.
It’s a great tool for any game where you easily lose track of the cursor.

PoE with its visual clusterduckery is just one example of such games.
If you buy it on Steam, it still works for non-Steam games.

You have several options for cursors, color and you can set the size to your preference.
You can even change the size of the game’s default cursor.

1 Like

yolomouse is not viable for me. I would really like to see larger and brighter mouse cursors in game. Even as a paid part of the customization store.

You can use windows settings for the mouse size.
For a different cursor, though, you’ll have to wait until the devs figure out a way to provide them to you. It’s an engine limitation.

Tried that already. Operating system parameters are not transferred into the game. I’m running it in extra layer of abstraction via proton. I’ll try to figure out how to change that in the virtual environment that is built with it… but the thing that i’d like to have most, is actually the colour setting. Bright pink works really well (i have that in path of exile). It takes of a lot of strain from eyes.

Well, size does get transferred from windows settings. I don’t know what kind of VM you’re using, but windows cursor size affects LE cursor size.

As for color, yes, until the devs figure it out I think the only way is using Yolomouse. I don’t know if there are any alternatives to it that might work for you.

This is something that the devs would obviously like to change because when they do they can then add cursor MTX to the shop. But it’s just something the engine doesn’t allow for now.

This thing has a touch of lag, but works fine … it overlays a ‘cursor shaped window’ on your current cursor position. Can use any png file for that.

1 Like