Player Spell Opacity

First i have to say all the graphical improvements you made for 1.0 are amazing love it so far, but with those improvements came, at least for me, some problems.

New spell effects are very overwhelming, so much so that i can’t even see my own character.
Especially on my Necro with the new Skeletal Mage Sacrifice Spell or Warlock in general.

My suggestion is to give us an opacity slider for Player Skills only, so we can adjust it and people like me who are overwhelmed by the effects can tone them down a bit without impacting enemy spells.

7 Likes

Encountering a similar issue with a shaman build centered around tornadoes as the primary damage source. Introducing a slider to adjust the opacity of player and party spells could significantly enhance overall game visibility, particularly during boss fights.

1 Like

THIS! OMG playing autocast Elemental Nova runemaster right now and apart from not being able to see the cues of orobyss (and getting one-shot subsequently), I’m also going blind from all the explosions. Please EHG fix asap, for my eyes, my poor poor eyes #_#

1 Like

Yeah, there are some builds that are fun but just ultimately unplayable due to not being able to see anything. I’m trying out a Crest of Unity build and it’s super fun, but I’m going to have to shelve it because I can’t see anything on the screen at all.

2 Likes

Got my vote.

Need to be able to hide party member effects too as well as being able to control your own effects.

Playing a Frostbite/Frost claw that auto triggers Nova. Good job I freeze most thing since I can’t see any ground mechanics for all the novas. Shame none of my mates want to join me now…

1 Like

A compromise to totally hiding other people’s ability effects could be a light green circle where their ability is taking place, if you like to know where they’re hitting, with an ability to change opacity, and another option to allow player side effects for those who like to see it in all its glory.

I’m reluctant to do certain builds for use with friends, because I don’t want to ruin their experience.

Finally somebody said it. Tornados, novas, exploding ballistas, etc. Screen clutter is overwhelming on many builds.