Player Overhead Health Bars: Visability, Customization, UI Elements!

Hello,
I’ve only been playing since mid 7.8, so please forgive me if this has already been discussed at length. I did a search and found numerous topics on enemy health bars, and one regarding ward visibility but no post specifically and only on this topic.

1. First and foremost - Visibility!
    Item, spell and monster alpha levels are too high, in relation to the Player Overhead Health Bar. They take precedence over and cover the Overhead Health Bar, making, channeling builds especially dangerous. It is very frustrating to see things cover your Overhead Health Bar when, at all times in combat, that is the number one thing you are concerned with. With the meta being completely defensive(losing progress on death), it’s essential to have clear, constant visibility on your health and wards. This can not be overstated! As far as I’m concerned(I know others have different priorities) I’d like to point out this is my main focus for posting, and is a boarder-line requirement to fully enjoying the game, while the other elements I list are luxuries.

2. Customization!
    The size and placement is not bad, as it is, in my eyes but I know myself and others wouldn’t mind tweaking the width and length or even enabling interesting features like negative health highlighting or threshold triggered color shifts.

3. UI Elements!
    If you’re familiar with 3rd party mods that focus on player and enemy Overhead Health Bars from other titles like World of Warcraft, you’ll have a better idea of what I mean by this. I think the eventual evolution of Overhead Health Bars is to relay more information than just your health and wards. To me, replicating the current player buffs and debuffs, anchored to the top or bottom of the player Overhead Health Bar, is the next step, if you have the resources to flesh this out. Just food for thought!

In closing, I would just like to take the time to reiterate that point 1 is my main concern, and should definitely be something that is resolved before launch, imo! Thank you for your time :smiley:

2 Likes

I’d like to add in (with the UI elements) to move the damn Portal button in MoF! It’s so annoying where it’s at on screen. What about putting it in the upper left by pets since most of that area is empty! Move it from the middle of the screen for love of god!!!

That’s more of a general ui improvement, but I don’t disagree. I was trying to focus on adding ui elements(relevant to player survivability) to the player Overhead Health Bar(topic of the thread).

on the topic of overhead health bars, i’d like it if the ward bars splitting/reuniting had some hysteresis applied. currently if your stable ward hovers around a division of your max HP, the bars will split and reunite frequently, making it appear at a glance as if your ward value is rapidly jumping up and down which is a bit panic inducing.

1 Like

Colored dmg numbers wouldn’t hurt (fire, poison, cold etc), it will help the casual player to understand which type of dmg to focus on a lot easier

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.