Player-Character Stats Info Lacking?

Does anyone else feel like the amount of information they can get about their character stats is lacking?
There are some obvious good points, like breaking down some of the various leech effects into separate categories, but overall I still feel like I’m not getting enough information about my build.

TL:DR
I would like to see more information about player stats become available, everything from better damage breakdowns to any random adjustable stat (penetration, leech on element, etc) available in the game.
There are very few cases where more information is a bad thing, since you can just ignore it if you dont want it, and many where having it is a boon if you do want it.

Long Version:
What made this really stand out for me was playing the Void Knight with reave and void leech. Reave itself is problematic with the way it presents it’s damage, being calculated as DPS but having three separate calculations for the three strikes of the attack. Since none of those attacks will be repeated multiple times per second by themselves (instead appearing as a combo) this inherently does not show you an accurate representation of the damage your skill will do.
Other things I feel are missing is a breakdown of what element your damage is (what % or flat amount is physical, what amount it elemental/void, etc), any kind of elemental leech is totally missing from the character stats tab (void leech clearly doesn’t count towards global or physical leech, but I’ve no way to quickly check the amount I DO have), and perhaps base damage as a raw stat for comparison’s sake. I want to know if a weapon gives me higher base damage without having to add up numbers myself, and again DPS as a damage comparison can be a bit misleading *(though obviously increased DPS is almost always better, it’s just lacking as a good comparison in many cases)

They already have the “other” tab in the character stats window, and much of it is empty at the moment. It would be nice to be able to get more information about what my character is doing so it’s easier to determine what stats to min/max for an effective casual build (I don’t want to have to rely on other players to make a decent build out of cookie cutter parts, I’d like to enjoy making my own variations)

3 Likes

They’re re-working the character screen, yes.

Thanks. I tried looking for the topic on the forums but found nothing.

Were any details released by devs about what they’d like to implement, or was it open ended?
A link to any relevant discussion would be great, but if its too much work thats okay. I just didnt see any when I tried looking

@EHG_Mike hasn’t given us any details as to what he’s done to it so far.

1 Like

Agreed, hard to tell when you have elemental damage added to an attack.

1 Like

Thank you again, I appreciate it. I had a feeling that was the case since I didnt see anything about it when I did a search on here, but I’m glad to have confirmation its at least on their radar.
I feel like in games like this with damage min/max-ing more information is almost always better

It’s still in the concept phase. Will likely not be available for next patch. It will probably show pretty detailed info though.

6 Likes

A bittersweet post for an accountant. Lots of numbers, but not soon. :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you! I’m glad to hear it’s in the works

It makes me really happy such a great game is being made by devs that actually communicate with the players! This is shaping up to be an incredible game

2 Likes

It would be nice to see something similar to Grim Dawn’s or PoE’s skill-specific stat loadouts. PoE’s is better, imo, when they work, some skills are still notoriously off; on the character screen, you can select a skill (default attack is selected by default, so you see what applies to everything) and see the specific damage, chance to X/Y/Z, res penetration, etc. summed from everywhere for that skill.

Grim Dawn’s isn’t quite as good–iirc, it’s been a while, you can assign a skill to your mouse button and then in the character sheet you see the damage you do specifically with that skill, but you don’t always get all the extra effects or possible procs etc. I also don’t remember if it behaves with non-weapon-based skills.

Either way, both of them are pretty terrible with minion skill information, so any actual information about how much damage minions deal would be great.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.