Pinnacle Content Poll Results

And? Don’t watch the videos. So offline players have to sit there and watch online players beat the boss first too. Zero logic. If the content was just released to everyone anyone can just play at the pace they want and online players will be busy playing the fucking game not watching offline players.

2 Likes

Yeah well, I am not here to argue… but I think they made the right choice… and it was also the wish of the playerbase…

1 Like

Which you can only do because of EHG’s good graces to go way out of their way to make that possible when they absolutely didn’t have to, from either an ethical or a financial perspective. Be grateful you have the choice at all and quit raging out that you aren’t getting all the same shiny things as a result of knowingly choosing a second class way of playing the game.

You have to wait a maximum of a week for access to one boss. Quit talking like you’ve been harmed.

And you got the same thing the online players got when you bought the game, which was the game.

2 Likes

I think is a poor decision, I honestly don’t even understand why the community wants to gatekeep content. At that point, why not just add a leaderboard for legacy? I’m just not understanding the benefit. Potential rewards and mtx for first clear being limited to online makes perfect sense, no arguments there, but not locking off the actual content.

4 Likes

Cycle mode is ment to be more of a challenge due to starting out fresh every cycle.

In legacy online or offline u can just use an old decked out character and beat the boss long before any cycle players have had a crack at it.

Offline cycle play has the advantage of cheating by editing ur character. Offline legacy as well can cheat

U could be waiting 3-4 months to even get the Pinnacle boss in legacy or offline.

Really bad idea knowing that most of the problems returning players face is the boring questing (again), rng simulator (again), lack of fixed masteries and balance (again), and the broken unstable online service.

EHG, this is how this will go. Person who wants clout rolls falcon. Immediately buys RMT or hacks online to get items, wrecks boss in first 4 hours. Players have their exp ruined. Players get mad at EHG even more then before cause said problems above are compounded by impatient and pressured gamers. Players perma quit game.

It’s like y’all chose to ignore the entire feedback that 20 years of gaming observation would show you- because a poll that was rigged anyway by alt accounts, decided to go brrr. Highly disappointed in you all again. Y’all keep failing to use logic.

Oh well, gonna be a fun disaster to chronicle anyway.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Maybe you’ll read the post you’re responding to first? They tell you that you need a separate ladder and everything will be fine.

I know what i replied too.

Separate ladder wont change anything or what i said about why this is.

Offline modes legacy and cycle csn be cheated.

Online legacy has the advantage of decked out characters as well as a stash full of gear and crafting mats.

Online cycle play has none of this. Its ment as a challenge to start fresh.

The reason why EHG and some portion of the community doesn’t want access to the pinnacle boss in offline or legacy game mode is not primary the leaderboards.

But that people can test out and practice the boss on those game modes before fighting them in cycle.

They want to avoid a meta where practicing the boss before hand in other game modes becomes the norm.
That is why there is a pre-defined tiem window where people need to go in “blind” with no previous knowledge about the boss and no way to practice the boss outside of that game mode.

4 Likes

Good choice, we should have some reason to start a new cycle character, che concept of stay all the time with a single character for years is the fist reason to quit this type of game, you can say what you want, but it’s certain that a cycle player will play a lot more compared to a legacy one, and with cycle limited content you can incentivize this, and maintain an active player base that don’t quit after two days.
If the game would be alive also in the nexts years, and I hope so, they need to do more things like these, the one week delay isn’t enough yet

1 Like

Do you know what a race is?

I’m not a fan of this at all, delaying content… Some people have busy enough schedules as is and now I’m getting told by the developer as to when I’m allowed to access content in a game I paid for? Please reconsider this and release pinnacle content as normal but just make it so it doesn’t effect leaderboards in any way… Those that want to speedrun the game let them have their way but don’t compromise the game to achieve this…

2 Likes

Yeah. Offline mode is a case study in the “If You Give a Mouse A Cookie” effect. Their heart was in the right place, but it was a mistake to do it.

But it will affect leaderboards and how the game is played, especially for hardcore, where you don’t have infinite tries for a given character

only if they give me a refund after owning the game for 3 years, because I bought it specifically because offline mode was promised for years, some of you guys have absolutely horrible takes

1 Like

You realize that’s always true no matter what the plan is and is totally normal right? They determine when 1.1 releases for example, or any other content you would play. So I’m not sure what you’re looking for here…

Myself I was in favor of a month with it only releasing for offline after that time regardless of clear conditions, as someone who only plays offline currently. Due to the aforementioned busy schedule I’m exceedingly unlikely to even come close to getting to them in cycle before they hit offline and it’s nice to have a reason to participate in the cycle, draw together the community, etc.

But, ultimately their decision and I’ll roll with it. Still will make a cycle character for the new cycle, but will more than likely first face the new bosses in offline. It is what it is.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

An extremely marginal number of players who only pay for the game once, and will likely never generate any future revenue through the microtransactions that they won’t buy because they can’t use them. And in exchange for the comparative pennies in revenue they will get from those players, they now have to spend additional development time (aka money) supporting that second client forever, as well as being subjected to a whole extra flavor of entitled rants and vitriol from those players. The longer they have to deal with the drawbacks of delivering a fully offline client, the more they will regret having shackled themselves to it.

Meanwhile, it is a simple fact that those playing offline have fewer features and less functionality than those playing online. That is quite literally the definition of being second class. :person_shrugging:

No amount of angry shouting is going to change the reality that in a game that is primarily live service, the experience of online players will always matter more than offline players. Any support you get for playing an online game completely offline in 2024 is above and beyond and a gift you should receive with gracious appreciation, not flip into demands for more. I recommend you accept it and set more reasonable expectations.

1 Like

Ok, so I finally found the ladders section. I still don’t understand why you care so much, there’s no ladder for offline at all. I think if legacy is such a big risk for cheating, you might as well remove the ladder for it entirely since it can’t be verified at all. All of this being said, why exactly do you need to keep pinnacle bosses out of legacy and offline mode for a while? Is it really just about the ladder or is it also to prevent people from posting videos saying “i’m the first to clear”?

So what if people practice in legacy early on? That’s one of the best parts about it. If somebody needs to practice that badly, I assure you, the ladder is the further thing from their minds.

1 Like