Petition to remove arena "key" nodes from Monolith

Now that keys cost 125/250g, just remove those nodes. It was already a useless node at 5k price.

Also, give COF players ~50mln gold redeemable only for stash tabs, because I don’t see how I can keep buying stash tabs in current situation. There is no gold income, few millions that I made in 150 hours of gameplay, came from selling keys.

1 Like

Removing the Key nodes I disagree with. I use them, rarely, and can see a purpose for them unlike the Arena nodes which I abhor. When I do go after them it’s never for the gold, I can get more than enough of that without the keys.

The increase in the item droppage plus the increased quality given by CoF ranks means I trash or leave a lot of what I usually would have picked up. I now get so many that I’ve become a lot more picky on what I’m willing to take.

I have always hated the key nodes anyway, until I realized the keys sell for good money. Now they are worthless, they should remove the nodes.

1 Like

I agree. If we want keys, there are prophecies that award them.

1 Like

Why the hate for arena maps? I like them but wish the mob spawn rate would happen a little faster in a smaller area.

I’m gonna be honest; Keys, Runes and maybe even shards should all sell for a reasonable amount of gold. Heck, even random gear should sell for more gold. Uniques should sell for more gold. At least in D4 I could just vendor stuff if salvaging was ever useless.

Never really liked arena, so I never went to the arena except to farm the boss drops.

I am ok with the nodes, but I just hope they appear less frequently, because if I want to do arena, I will go to arena, not in monos.

1 Like

I agree with that. They do appear too often. Hopefully we get a “monolith passive tree” in the future similar to PoE Atlas passives that allow us to customize the chance of certain areas appearing.

2 Likes

What is the purpose? I get a dozen of keys drop about every other echo for free, why a main reward of an echo is just a single/double key of arena that is worth nothing. At least temporal sanctum you need for crafting.

Anyway, I also think we need a keyring tab and automatic key pickup, like it is with materials tab right now. There is no need to have stash tabs full of keys 1 by 1.

P.s. Maybe in future, if they make some special keys to pinnacle bosses, and that key node would have a chance to drop unique/rare key for the boss, it would make sense, but as it is now, it is a filler/placeholder, and I would rather see exalted node/tomes/gold coins instead.
I think the majority would have similar thoughts.

2 Likes