This post is just my personal feedback on the game so far……I will not go into great detail but focus more on underlying issues I see as potential shortcomings. This is after all BETA and this is meant to offer basic constructive criticism.
First of all I will start off by saying I AM NOT AN ELITE PLAYER. Actually I am probably turning into a grumpy old man as a long-time player of the genre. I do not need to see how high I can “widdle” up the wall to prove anything….levelling per se for its own sake is not attractive nor and a driving incentive. I play purely as a past time for enjoyment…trying to “nut-out” and try out the game’s mechanics….not in some race for “elitism”. Let me explain:
once you reach the 70’s or thereabouts there is little to offer the “dopamine” hit
• you have maxed out your speciality skills…no reward there
• the paltry one passive point you gain per level is gated by:
◦ huge and exponentially increasing XP for each level….the inevitable grind but it seems a bit too steep and far in excess of the reward
◦ at this stage of your progress of one passive point per level is almost meaningless as a progress reward
• I cannot see any reason that a player is penalised for respeccing specially points by losing them and having to “re-earn” them. I cannot fathom any meaningful logic for this imposition other than prolonging the grind……and for what purpose? I cannot see ANY. It just seems like someone thought “this will be a good control” without there being any underlying meaningful reason at all for it.
• Some of the skills available, especially in the speciality trees, are great EXCEPT they are gated out of usefulness by resource budget (damage/defence/resources) and/or prerequisite skills and/or severe over-limitation to other skills and/or cooldown/timing. The worst is when several of these gates are used simultaneously. This makes these skills extremely difficult to balance (you basically have to cater for extreme outlier adoptions on each variable…making the skill overall useless for the average player) and for players to fully understand….there are several “sucker” options in some trees.
• gear drops are atrocious….any purples/green/browns are rarely relevant or even useful ….this is the usual loot whinge……but loot is not offering me any real incentive to keep going.
• As mentioned by others elsewhere and picked by by the devs is that there are some balancing/fairness issues surround boss fights with deaths from off-screen untelegraphed hits.
• As is prevalent with a lot of ARPG…more so with LE because of the propensity of “wave” echoes, we have the basic and essential cursor becoming invisible……there is an add-on…why not incorporate that in the game as part of its base to clearly display the cursor in all circumstances. If an add=on can do it why can’t the devs? How can a game seriously submit itself where the basic control metric is flakey?
Please accept these as CONSTRUCTIVE points. Feel free to ignore any or all as you desire.