Performance Increase Possible?

Hi!

First off, I am loving the game experience so far and I think you guys are doing a great job. The only issue I have noticed is that the game has performance issues on my computer.

I appreciate that Mac’s are not often the best systems to run games on, likely due, in large part, to the video card. That being said, it seems like you guys are building out a Mac version of the game. Given that, I have to imagine that the computer I am running on is better than most Mac rigs for gaming purposes. Therefore, how soon can we (or should we) expect there to be any dedicated updates for optimization purposes? Should that be expected much later down the road? Currently, I can only play this game really in a windowed mode with it being like 1/8 the size of my screen. Else, I get lag death. Thoughts?

Also, as a quick other suggestion, would it be possible to have information display in regards to a target when you scroll over them in the mini-map?

Details on My Setup:
Operating System: Mac
Processor: Quad Core i7
Memory: 16GB
Storage: Solid State

Hi there,

Could I ask which video card you have? That’s probably the most pertinent component. :slight_smile:

Hey,

No problem. The card is - intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 - 1536 MB.

The only question I have is that, if this rig can’t handle the game… then by default, no Mac computer can either correct?

Personally I’m a Linux user (currently rocking Manjaro, on the off-chance you’re interested).

Unless I’m mistaken, Apple includes Vega GPUs such as the Vega 56 in some of their computers, and I’ve no doubt that they would be more than capable of running the game - I say this as someone who has a Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse in his home system.

Systems with integrated graphics - particularly Intel’s , which tend to be significantly worse than AMD’s - will generally struggle with gaming and the OS is going to have minimal impact on that. While performance will definitely improve, I’m not sure just how high performance will get for such systems - without a true video card, there’s a ceiling to what we can achieve.

Hmm… maybe an eGPU will do the trick to my issue here

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.