Performance :Druid Spriggan Form - Healing Totem -> Spiked Totems Thorns causes big lag

Just wanted to make sure it was known that when you summon a bunch fo healing totems that shoot thorns + your vine and you start hitting multiple enemies, the game lags a lot, tried lowering settings but fps gain was minimal in the same situation

(Running 12 vines + 9 totems that each shoot poison spikes)

I didnt know wether or not to post this under bugs or here, but ultimately i chose here

Hey thereā€¦ welcome to the forumsā€¦

Thanks for the feedbackā€¦ This is a result of the known performance issues with LE right now - and is probably one of various reasons why the devs have committed to doing optimisations as part of their next major patch (see the latest dev log if you are interested).

Any situation where you have a lot of different minions/pets/summons can cause a degradation in performance/fps and even potentially cause huge lag spikesā€¦ A similar issue happens when you do a big mob pull and try and drop a nuke/chain skill on everything.

The probable reason that you are not noticing any/minimal difference when changing settings is because these situations tend to be more CPU bound than GPUā€¦ basically the lag is likely being caused by the game calculations involved in all the different mobs and their individual skills procā€™ing at the same time and not the actual graphical display of these actionsā€¦ the more thats happening, the more likely the degradation in performance.

Obviously, this is all relative to whatever system hardware you are usingā€¦ someone on a 12900KS is less likely to see CPU bound issues than someone using a more modest i5-6500ā€¦ its still there, but less noticeableā€¦

A lot of this is going to be affected heavily by the coming optimisations but also when the game is played online in the server authorative modeā€¦ i.e. a lot of the actual processing is likely to be moved from your local system to the server sideā€¦ but thats just my own speculation and we will have to see how the devs implement improvements like this.

1 Like

Hello there, thank you for the information and the good news!,
I feel like I shouldā€™ve added my PC specs here for maximum feedback so I hope you donā€™t mind if i do it on this post

Iā€™m running a Ryzen 5 3600/GTX 1660S/16GB of ram on an SSD,
which is above requirements on steam

And I have around 300% poison on hit on my minions

No problemā€¦ Gives the devs reference points to know at what point the issues become noticeable on what hardwareā€¦

And it will be interesting for testing this exact situation again when its improvedā€¦

And yesā€¦ things like poison ailments with no stack limit definitely cause this kind of cpu bound issueā€¦

Yeah , i noticed the stacks kept doing more and more dmg but visually it only said 15+

Yeah, thatā€™s intended but will be changed such that it doesnā€™t visually cap at ā€œ15+ā€ (it was a workaround for them to get the stack counter in but theyā€™ve been able to workaround the original issue).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.