PC shuts power down when encountering Worm Type Monsters -> Vile Grub/Titans Canyon and Waste Maggots/Lower Sewers

Hello , my power adapter of the pc shuts down , when i encounter worms in these Areas:
Titans Canyon and The Lower Sewers. At least i think it is the Worms.

All Drivers are up to date, but the PC is on the low end of the Requirements.
I understand if my pc is the problem, but wanted to provide information when it is not.
I dont think any of my Hardware is Broken.

It happens in Exclusive Full Screen Mode , on every Screen Resolution.
It only happens in Windowed Mode on Resolutions higher than 1280x720
I Play on the lowest settings.

I am playing Beastmaster atm , but this also happened the first time i entered Titans Canyon on my Shaman. I had no uniques with the Shaman and Stormcrows/no Wolfes.

I Tested in The Lower Sewers ; If the Worms hit me it does not do anything.
If i hit them , nothing happens
Then i pulled 10-15 Worms together that fought against 4 Wolfes and it crashed.

In the try i made in Titans Canyon : The first ~20 seconds against the Boss are fine, then i saw the wolfes runnig towards the spawning worms and it crashed.

My assumtion is that it happens because of a interaction between the Worms and Wolfes/Stromcrows/(Minions?)

Edit 15:10(gmt +2) : Nest of the Fallen ā†’ alot of Worms while fighting the Area quest boss ā†’ i did not crash

DxDiag 27.05.txt (83.5 KB)
Player The Lower Sewers.log (44.2 KB)
Crashfile The Lower Sewers 1024x786 Exclusive Full Screen
Player titan canyon.log (41.5 KB)
Crashfile Titans Canyon 1024x786 Exclusive Full Screen
Player.log (63.4 KB)
File of Successfull Kill Spymaster Zerrick without Crash Windowed Mode 800x600

System Information

Time of this report: 5/27/2021, 13:48:34
Machine name: DESKTOP-ML35SGA
Machine Id: {AE35D3ED-0EE1-4414-AC9E-B1EA76B7321D}
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19043) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Language: German (Regional Setting: German
System Manufacturer: BIOSTAR Group
System Model: A960D+
BIOS: Default System BIOS (type: BIOS)
Processor: AMD FXā„¢-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16368MB RAM
Page File: 5317MB used, 17705MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0928 64bit Unicode

Graphics Card : Radeon RX 580

1 Like

Okey interesting, my PC also suddenly lost power while playing LE last night. Never happend before and hasnā€™t happend again, yet.

I donā€™t know if that is related.

Hey. Welcome to the forumsā€¦

In its current beta and unoptimised state, LE can push even new hardware to the max and when it does this the components in the system draw more power and generate more heat - things that affect stability negativelyā€¦ Add to this any number of software related possible causes and it can be quite hard to resolve.

Soā€¦ my suggestions:

1. Verify the game files through Steam - very important first step to ensure the game is actually installed properly.

2. Make 100% sure you system is patched to the latest version and your drivers are updated.

3. disable any other applications running at the same time and dont use things like Steam overlays or graphic overlays or any other app while playing - especially as you are having problems.

4. in game settings - for your confirguation I would recommend no more than 1080p, 40fps framerate limited (not vsync) and ALL settings on very low or disabled entirely.

5. At the end of your dxdiag is a diagnostic section that shows your system is crashing on Radeonsoftware.exe - this is part of your graphics driverā€¦ and is NOT a good sign. in fact almost every error is related to your driverā€¦ I recommend you do a windows safe mode driver reinstall or use something like DDU to make 100% your driver files are correct.

6. I would also run System File Checker to ensure you dont have other windows system file problems.

Without much more information specific to your setup I cannot offer more than a comment to say that power supply failures are not good and LE can stress hardware which means the components draw more power (especially CPU& GPU) and if there is anything wrong - it can cause your PSupply to shutdown or restart.

but you need to provide MUCH more info to try and figure out this issue.

Thanks for your help.

1. I use the Standalone client , but it also happened with the Steam client.

2. I will completly redo my PC in the next few days .

3. I did that and the game runs better now , thatnk you again, but the issue is still there.

4. The SFC did not find any problems

The problems also appeared in The Citadel Sewers and after i using DDU it also still appeared in The Immortal Citadel while fighting Spymaster Zerrick.

As i said , i will redo my PC in the next few days and hope it will be gone.
So far i had no issues after that until the Q Heorots last blessing and lvl 65 Monolith of fate .

Okā€¦

The main thing here is the Graphics driver - I have seen this before on other threads and so far the solution is definitely related to the RX 580 and that Radeonsoftware.exe errorā€¦ If you cannot get it fixed directly then your reinstall might solve it by fixing everything - a reinstall unforuntately will obviosly not be able to pinpoint exactly what the real cause was

Reinstalls of OS, while tedious, are usually a good thing especially if a system is showing issues and hasnt had some TLC in a whileā€¦

After reading the last post , i felt bad for not testing what the cause is , this is a beta after all.
I googled and Tested alot.

Its an Issue with the Graphiccard itself . Something in these Areas causes a part of the Card to overheat. The AMD tool only shows 55C but i think thats not its real temperature at that time.

After standing in ā€œThe Immortals Citadelā€ for 3 min , (which would cause a crash in ~30 Seconds)
while the bosses try to kill me , i came up with this Solution, that works at the moment :

ALL Options in AMD disabled or ā€œuse application settingsā€
All ingame settings to low or off
Exclusive Fullscreen 1600x1200 . 1900x1080 causes a crash
Brightness : Medium
FPS limeted to 35
and big fat room fan pointed to the RX 580.
and overriden Fan Tuning with AMD , to get the Cards fan to a very high apm (probaly not recommended)

Thanks for taking the timeā€¦

LE is unoptimised so it can and does push GPUs for not obvious reason in some areasā€¦ Its sort of like a GPU stress test right now without limitsā€¦

I would monitor GPU usage as well as temp - it could be that its not the temp of the gpu chip alone but an issue that LE maxed out the GPU and this affects vram temps etc as well causing the problem too.

Drivers play a big part so its still worth trying to resolve the radeonsoftware crashingā€¦

If your RX580 has been well used then it could also be a problem with its old thermal paste - if you are confident enough in your abilities, you could consider replacing it - plenty of youtube videos specific to this card showing how to do it.

This seems to affect more than just your hardware. I also have an AMD RX 580 and my computer powers off in the exact same area, specifically when fighting spymaster zerrick (also, I am playing on linux instead of windows). I worked around it by using a game streaming platform to get through the problem areas, however itā€™s still odd as I have never had this problem with GPU stress tests nor any other game before with my hardware. I also saw another person mention the exact same issue in another thread with the same exact graphics card.

see: Mini boss fight always shut down my PC - #2 by Llama8

It does seem like there is something very specific to the RX580 GPU - whatever the causeā€¦

I was thinking that with the crashing of the latest Radeon drivers and how they have changed (all the additional bloat) since the RX580 came outā€¦ maybe finding an older driver from say 2 years ago and seeing if that makes any differenceā€¦ It couldnt do any worse.

I had to completly reinstall win 10 , install only the drivers for the graphics card and limit its power limit by 50% (i dont recommend this , but i dont really care about the card)

I also play in 1440x900 windowed mode now with stable 30 fps.

And this because the Card does not like Spymaster Zerrick(something that happens when he starts his voiceline) and Green stuff in General .

I will buy a new one(not a rx 580) , because i really like the direktion of the Game and i want to test it^^

@STUKONTRUK @Zaroin

Been searching the net and it is scary how many people using RX580s are experiencing very similar things to what you describe in a wide variety of games. Just do a search for RX580 keeps crashingā€¦

Interestingly a lot of these are fairly recentā€¦

Problems seem to be:

• bad drivers and trying out different versions of drivers and using DDU.
  • hardware memory and clock speed combinations including underclocking and overclocking.
  • GPU & Vram voltage changes
  • Thermals on older cards ā€œseemingly normalā€ but actually much higher than reported - change of thermal paste etcā€¦

If you havent already looked online, it makes for pretty interesting reading as its obvious a lot of people are experiencing odd things with RX580sā€¦

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.