PC shuts down on certain maps

My entire PC shut down in the midst of clearing the Lower Sewers. After restarting, I was able to clear it without issue, however it happened again when I was doing the Boreal Forest map in the Monolith.

This issue seems to happen after long play sessions.

Dxdiag, log for the boreal crash and graphics settings are attached. The lower sewers log had too large of a file size to upload.

DxDiag 10-8-2021.txt (99.6 KB)
Boreal Forest Hard Crash log.log (1.5 MB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (461 Bytes)

Edit: Forgot to add, graphics drivers are up to date afaik, and files have been verified.

Hey, Welcome to the forums…

LE is obviously in beta so things like this can and do happen on occassion… At the moment LE can and does push hardware in ways that dont always make sense (its not like its Cyberpunk in 4k) and sometimes this manifests with strange crashes…

That said, because LE is unoptimised currently - it can also highlight potential issues on player systems that were previously not noticed because the systems were not being stressed…

Obviously LE can and does run fine for many hours without issues - I have played numerous 8h+ sessions without any issues whatsoever on the current & older patch versions…

From your graphic settings, I doubt if your issue is directly performance related - the settings you are using should be ok on your specific hardware esp. your GPU. Provided of course that you are not doing anything else too intensive while trying to play LE.

The debug game log file you included doesnt show any critical game crashes that managed to store the debug information and your dxdiag diagnostic section doesnt show any Last Epoch crashes recorded by the Windows Event log… This, and your description of the entire PC shutting down after long(?) play sessions, could mean that there is another issue(s) on your machine which may not entirely be only caused by Last Epoch…

Normally if someone tells me their system just shuts down or reboots without any bluescreen or obvious crash notification, my immediate reaction would be that there is a hardware issue - either something was maxed out to the point of crashing, a component(s) is overheating and the system is shutting down to prevent damage, there are power delivery problems or there is a serious driver issue that is able to bypass the normal error exceptions in Windows.

I would suggest that you check your “View Reliability History” on your Windows system and see what kinds of errors and warnings are coming up (I mention some specificially below). I would also suggest that you start monitoring your system CPU/GPU usage, temperatures and power usage. I would also suggest that you consider running a stress test on your system (benchmark in a loop or something specific like Furmark or Prime95 etc) while carefully watching what is going on over time and see if you experience an instability on your system…

Your dxdiag diagnostic section (at the end) is showing a lot of Sound driver and sound softwar related crashes on your system… Sonarworks is crashing often. The Windows 10 Audio Service is also crashing. It could be that these crashes may be causing instability over time and eventually your system gives up.

I would suggest that you make 100% sure that ALL your device drivers are up to date and the software you are using to manage things is updated and running properly - obviously the sound software is not so thats the first place to start… You are using a lot of different hardware & virtual software based drivers so this is an important thing to do… I would also suggest you check the mouse/keyboard drivers/software too…There are known issues where even old Razer software has caused problems with LE.

Because the windows audio service is also involved I would check the Windows update and see if there are any failed updates or third party updates that are awaiting approval… I would also run Windows System file checker just to be sure that there isnt a corrupted windows audio file or related dll…

There is also a report of your RadeonSoftware.exe not handling memory properly - normally these are informational messages from windows to say that an app didnt play nice with memory and are generally ok to ignore but considering you are having problems it could be related.

Unless you know exactly when and why the Radeon software crashed, I would recommend you do a safe mode reinstallation of your GPU drivers (or use something like DDU) - just running a driver installation in Windows normal mode doesnt always replace problem driver files or repair an installation properly…

Considering you are using a lot of different devices & software like SparkoCam, Logitech HD Webcam C270, VoiceMeeter , the BEHRINGER UMC 204HD… I am assuming that you are trying to do streaming or possibly even recording the game sessions etc. or any number of other things while playing. I would recommend that you temporarily NOT use ANYTHING else while playing - just as a test to see if the stability improves… If it does then it could be that something you are doing while playing is causing the problem over time. So, dont run and/or temporarily disable something from running while testing LE…

Note: I am not sure what you may be doing while playing LE, but considering you are only running a RX580 on multiple monitors, it is also possible that something you are doing at the same time may be taking sufficient system resources/processing to “starve” LE when it needs something - eg. if you are doing streaming/transcoding/in-line audio processing - it could be that the combined load is causing your PC to throw its hands in the air and quit… Remember LE is unoptimised so it currently needs more than it should…

Thanks for the reply!

Sonarworks crashed before I launched Last Epoch and after I booted up my PC (I had Sonarworks boot on PC startup). I also know that Sonarworks is fully up to date. I did not have Sonarworks running in the background whilst playing, and had killed any processes related to it prior to starting the game.

I suspect the Radeon Software event was the actual PC crash caused by the game.

I was on a discord call with a friend when the Boreal Forest crash occurred, but I wasn’t and don’t stream or capture any footage. Neither Sparkocam nor Voicemeter were in use at the time. The Berhinger UMC 204HD is my audio interface and I am utilizing the sound card in that though.

I’ll attempt to do the GPU driver cleanup and reinstall and try to incite another crash without anything else in the background. If that happens, I’ll try to disable as many of the auxiliary programs to isolate the issue.

Thanks again for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.