Patrolling Profane Flesh HP too high?

Only want to see if i’m the only one who thinks that the Profane Flesh enemies, especially the ones patrolling in a mono echo have way too much hp?
I have a feeling that everytime when i play such an echo it takes me 5x longer than any other echo, and 1 of 3 profane fleshes already alone have more hp than some story bosses you encounter in echoes.
If so, please reduce their hp a bit only for this echo type because regular Fleshes are fine.

Not really, they’re the mono boss entity, they should have more than normal, and those are relatively girthy mobs to begin with.

And it’s not as if it takes hours, or even minutes to kill them, they just don’t evaporate as soon as you look at them.

I was wondering if this was the case, it seems that they take a much longer time to take out than any other big mobs but wasn’t sure if it was just my skewed view.

And yes, I understand that they are the map boss but they take a lot more damage to take out than Zerrick or Flame Guard Sula, or any other boss that I’ve encountered.

1 Like

I’m aware that they are not considered being the normal ones you can find regulary in echoes.

I also didnt say that it takes hours, or that they die instantly.

From a balance perspective i just had that feeling that one of them (when you have to chase 3 of them in an echo) already has more hp than a regular boss. Which should imo not be the case because a story boss should always be harder/have more hp than a regular ‘‘trash mob’’ enemy that is buffed only for an echo.

Baseline both Profane Flesh and Desecrated Flesh are the mob types with one of the highest HP Pool and they are only present as normal or magic mobs.

Profane Flesh are especially bad on necrotic builds, since they have necrotic resistance.

Patroulling mobs have extra hp on top and when you also roll “of the Ox” suffix, Profane Flesh patroulling mob hp is outrageous.

On top of that, there are some builds, that require a mob to be Rare/Boss (for example Flurry with Giant Slayer).

So you are not the only one thinking, their hp is a little bit too high.

2 Likes

I think the patrolling mobs should be rare mobs. At least then the skills that trigger on boss or rare mobs would work. I found on my Multistrike/Smite build that was the biggest problem. It took me 10 minutes just beating on one of them with Multistrike before it died. I never got close to death, it wasn’t hard, it just took way too long. The map took over 30 minutes just because of those things. I did have one with the more health mod as well. :frowning:

3 Likes

Yes, that’s a fair point about them being rare.

Though multistrike does generally have a few issues with single target compared to other skills.

Its actually a “lightning damage” build trying to work up the electrify stacks. Even switching to just casting Smite on them takes forever. I basically have to lure other mobs around them so that I can get the chain smites going.

It would also be nice if they were rare and got some mods that made them more threatening, not just meatbags trying to nudge you to death.

I understand the reasons, but I’ve also always disliked how much HP Profane Fleshes have. I know we’re not trying to be The Flash here, but it has on a number of my characters felt like running into a wall.

1 Like

You can still stun them though so their HP can’t be that high…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.