Patch Preview: Beta 0.7.4

this serial engine through unity, better graphics, animations? or not?

Great looking patch! Haven’t played since early Summer, can’t wait to dive back in.

Is it likely the patch will be out by 19-21th Nov? :smiley: So I can plan a gamer-day with my dad before winter-work-Season is starting :slight_smile:

Super , seem very juicy

I cant wait!

Cant wait for the patch:)

I hope the future engine work will make the game not eat your hardware as it does now, even my high end gear sounds like its gonna explode when playing the game. My pc get very loud, havent experiensed that in any other game before, but this one sounds like it tears my pc apart.
I have stopped playing the game for that reason, but after the engine work I might give it a try again. Pc parts are to expensive to risk in a situation like this.
It begin the moment you begin move in the game, so it does not take more than a few seconds to see if it have worked.
The patch sounds cool, but I still want to w8 and see.

2 Likes

there will be more chapters or only 2?

I’m not quite sure what you mean by this. We are working on chapter 7 right now and we plan to release 2 more chapters after that for the base game. We do plan on making more content after release too.

1 Like

I hope this patch fixes the major lag issue caused by the last patch that makes me unable to even play. Only time will tell, I guess.

same here dude. #feelsbadman

I think he meant “Acts”, likely is treating Ruined Era as Act I and Undead Era as Act II.

1 Like

Please set actual damage values ​​on each skill! I get lost with these allocated points, and also the overall damage to the character’s menu! I am not a hardcore player, I play just for fun casually … just rephrase the information character menu because I see that is very polluted with information that drives me crazy.

1 Like

We’re working on it :smile:

Because of how modular our skill system is, it is quite difficult to have a generated preview of how much damage a skill will do. We are working on implementing this in a performant way. You’re absolutely right that it’s a necessary feature.

2 Likes

thanks for answering! Will these changes be implemented now in 0.7.4?

No, they also probably won’t be in 0.7.5 either.

when will the rogue???

yes Ruined Era as Act I and Undead Era as Act II

The Rogue is listed in Phase 3 of our Early Access Forecast.

The Eras are not Acts. Last Epoch’s campaign is broken into Chapters of the story, and this story involves travelling both forwards and backwards through time. Each of the Eras represents a significant period of time some of the campaign is set in.

This is an important distinction for multiple reasons. One reason is that the game will have approximately ten Chapters at release, and these will be set across four Eras. Another is that unlike Acts or Chapters which are played through linearly - you finish the first before beginning the second - as said above, you move between different Eras quite frequently.

2 Likes

Just to say that I love the ability to see additional information on skills and passives when pressing Alt. I hope this stays in the final version and (why not) gets expanded a bit.