Patch 1.2 Timeline, 1.1 Event Updates, and Cycle Poll

Literally this 100%

give us class balance cause i don’t see a point play game again doing a mana stacker to 1shot everything.
Without class balance this reset has no point.
Not doing any reset until next year means your player base will be not even half by then cause big ARPG game coming out and LE feels like still in beta(despite having a 4-5 years beta).
Just my opinion i don’t want to see another “Concord” case specially for this game.

1 Like

Keep up the great work!

I have no doubt that the content will be good once it arrives, and with this much time it will also be bugfree, right? I really hoped for more changes to the mid-cycle thing but I get it.

See you in January, I guess.

2 Likes

It was during DC discussion and when will 1.1 will be. Someone said something about 3-4 months cycle and Mike said that 1.1 is just 2 weeks late. Meaning 1.0 was 4.5 months cycle.

You could try to find it on discord but you probably won’t be able to.

2 Likes

8 months cycle. rip LE. it was a pleasure to play this game.

1 Like

Yeah, they said in the Poll to select the biggest downside for people who do not wish for a reset.
I suppose this question is intended for them to try and come up with something to ameliorate what would people will be most pissed about in case of a reset, so it doesn’t really make sense for it to be multiple choice if they cannot “fix” everything in the list.

But yeah, from what I’ve read this is the most common issue for people when talking about a reset. It’s also the answear I gave in the Poll.

I would totally vote for that. Yes, there should be an option to make only the latest cycle characters to be kept in Legacy.

I am not sure if democracy is the best way to improve game dev. Still voted in the pool though :crazy_face:

Soon as (if) they fix the very poor fps, this will be my main game.
This was no issues prior to 1.0

I was referencing “Under promise and over deliver” as a sort of general phrase, especially in the business world. It’s technically true that saying they “Aim for” something isn’t a promise, but the public perception still stands, and if that’s what the people expect, then not meeting that causes disappointment. Either way I think it would still be better if they could communicate an initial longer timeline, and then perhaps surprise us with “Hey things are ready ahead of schedule!” rather than constantly announcing delays. It’s a psychological perception thing.

4 Likes

Democracy is absolutely the best way to go about game dev unless you want a niche game that only a specific group likes.

Use democracy to find out what your player base wants without sacrificing the core concepts you want your game designed around and you’ll end up with a great game and a great community. Example is Crate Entertainment and Grim Dawn. They constantly listen to their community without compromising on their design philosophy and their game is arguably the best single player arpg experience on the market with fun multiplayer.

4 Likes

Well I know something about GD and I can assure you that there is not much democracy in there :smirk: (just good testers and designers to rebalance around theirs feedback)

You must not hang out in their forums very often, because they’re always very vocal with their community and listen (within reason, ie not sacrificing on their design philosophy) to what the community wants.

GD have more active players now compare to LE right now. Check stream charts.
GD is a jewel in the ARPG franchise. And they have also announce a new expansion.

4 Likes

This is factually incorrect.

Only the two major updates 0.9 and 1.0 had “inconsistent” patch cadences. Both of which were the largest updates. Especially the 0.9 update was their biggest patch the game ever had from a technical perspective.
Also EHG never aimed for consistent patch cycle duration previously, but still delivered them pretty consitently. Before Legacy/Cycle differentiation it didn’t really matter that much anyway, but I think its good that they are acknowledging that they want to become consistent moving forward.

Here is list of all patches from 0.8 to 1.0

Version Month Day Time from previous patch
0.8 Dec 4 20
8.1 Feb 18 21 10 weeks
8.2 May 23 21 12 weeks
8.3 Sep 3 21 13 weeks
8.4 Dec 10 21 12 weks
8.5 Mar 18 22 13 weeks
0.9 Mar 9 23 1 year
9.1 May 23 23 10 weeks
9.2 Sep 5 23 13 weeks
1.0 Feb 19 24 22 weeks

3 Likes

Plz balance top end game classes to better fit with other builds
There are few builds making arena 1800 but most of them are capable of 300-400 maybe .

It should be some tweaks. Its sick when one or 2 builds can do corruption 1300 but 90% other builds struggle at cor 400.
Feels unbalanced

3 Likes

Nine years is enough? They have very good ptr+testing system so they can balance things smoothly. Democracy has little to do with it. Zantai would laugh seeing this conversation I assure you :crazy_face:

1 Like

Yea and because there was only one option i choosed; Other and reasoning is X amount of other options. Maybe it would work but i reckon its going to “other” category and then it will diappear somewhere :smiley:

1 Like

Outsanding! This is what I love about you guys, you’re listening to the community and are willing to adjust your priorities to meet the community needs.

With that being said, I’m also glad that you aren’t just being whimsical about your way forward.

Just because they said they’ll act according to our input, it doesn’t transform a poll in democracy.
Remember this is this conceding to us in the first place, giving us the opportunity to partake in a single, isolated, aspect of the game dev process, one they had previously decided on, then took a step back to reevaluate it.
And yes, this is the best decision they could have make, especially if there’s so much mixed opinions within the player base.