Patch 0.9 and Multiplayer Are Coming Next Year

EDIT: This is wrong, see below.

The core creates the shrapnel and the core passes along its stats. If you were to cast Volcanic Orb and then begin to channel an ability, the shrapnel would not get any additional stats from you. The inverse is also true, if your stats go down after casting Volcanic Orb, the shrapnel are not affected by those stat changes. You could take off all your gear and both the orb and the shrapnel would be unaffected.

In short, once the Volcanic Orb is created, it and the shrapnel it creates completely ignore any stat changes which happen to you.

1 Like

I’m confused, is leech a “stat” that is inherited by the damaging skill or is leech a character stat that is applied to damage at the point in time when the damage is done?

So if the core has 100% spell crit chance, then all the shrapnel would have the same 100% spell crit?

@Llama8

OK, so I just went in to test this all to make sure I was right and I’m not sure if this has changed from what is on live or not but in our current development build, all stat changes on your character are reflected live on Volcanic Orb after you cast it.

This is a direct contradiction to what I said above and I was just wrong.

2 Likes

Ok, that is consistent with live because I remember testing it and that seemed to be how it worked. I was getting ready for a bug post XD.

Cool, sorry for the confusion. I’m a little surprised that is how it’s working and I’m not sure why, but it is.

So you guys fixed snapshoting? Or is this working differently with minion skills?

Two different things but we are working on snapshotting.

1 Like

So only POST GAME means of leech(excluding bleeding heart)

Yeah, that isn’t all that useful

remember when this was poster in 2020 and then they were like 2021 GUYS IS THE YEAR FINALLY WHAT YALL HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR and i spent money on the game and waited 2 years and now its 2022 about to be 2023 and they still havent released this?

Welcome to the wonderful world of kickstarters, early access and beta products. Nothing is guaranteed and timelines are nothing more than guesses about the future made at a single point in time. Enjoy your stay.

:crazy_face:

5 Likes

Reviving an old thread, I actually thought there was an announcement I missed :flushed:

2 Likes

I actually forgot and didnt realise this 2020 post actually made reference to patch 0.9 and MP for 2021! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

A very small % has been playing for 1.5 months
Very small % will play diablo 1.5+ months
Enough space for everyone, you need quality !

waiting room MP in 2021, oh wait, 2023

2 Likes

Well, this surely means it will most certainly be ready in the year of … .
In the year it is actually ready. And that´s it.
It shows that it is important to have a fully working thing. When it is ready, yes.

I totally agree. Why bother releasing an unfinished Multiplayer Experience.?!?.

1 Like

The year is 2035, the last epoch devs have announced that MP & Patch 0.9 will be ready next year, in other news Diablo 6 and Poe4 are launching in just 7 days time.

2 Likes

However, players still haven’t noticed that PoE “4” is still using the same engine as #1, end game is still the same and that all they’ve done is to add a new campaign and a neck slot (Templar gets 500% more effect for anything in this slot). As a bonus though, you no longer need to borrow CERN’s computing array to get above single digit fps when there is more than 2 players (or 1 with minions) in party. Next league, they will finally start culling some of the league mechanics from the game. Promise!

Also, Chris finally admits that trying to find someone to trade with is “a bit of a chore” unless you’re trading end-game BiS gear on day 0.5 of a league, but “f### those scrubs” and they may have painted themselves into a corner with the continual league on league increases to the zoom zoom meta as some of their most “efficient” alpha testers were able to use melee skills to clear screens in PoE 5 from PoE 4. Oops.

4 Likes

This really goes past the most wild science ficition. Melee skills in PoE that don’t suck? :smiley:

1 Like

Gosh, I’ve been rumbled! What gave it away?

1 Like