Passive Respec for Earlier Nodes Only

Something that’s a bit irritating: If I want to tweak some passive nodes earlier in the tree, or in the base class, such that I’d go bellow the threshold needed to access later nodes, the game won’t let me unless I first get rid of ALL of the nodes that have the later requirements. I get that you don’t want people to be able to move earlier points to more valuable later nodes, but it’d be nice if there was a way to make the tweaking work as long as the result still fulfilled the requirements.

Like maybe for respec, add an option where it puts you in a full respec mode: Let you freely edit a copy of the tree which you can then only save and change your real tree to if it satisfies the requirements.

I’m with you. Passive respec needs way better QoL. Spending gold to respec is fine, but struggling with the weird restrictive respec UI isn’t.

1 Like

Yup, this has been complained about for years.

Dang, this still hasnt had a change made to it yet? I thought for sure they wouldve added a full respec option for passives by now

No, it’s almost like they’ve had higher priorities like an entire class (Rogue), 3 masteries (Warlock, Falconer & Runemaster), multiplayer & item factions/trade.

It’s not a game-breaking issue. It’s a minor annoyance, and the change wouldn’t really impact the outcome. I, personally, dislike having to confirm each individual passive point I am respeccing, but I’m not respeccing 40 times a day, so I can live with it for now.

I’d much rather them add a confirmation to assigning Skill points. Because it’s a bummer when I mis-click on the node I want to assign, then have to go re-earn that point all over again, or wait til the next level to assign the node I meant to click.

I think if they had a “respec mode” or “edit mode” where you could unassign any point then when you went to save it as long as you ket the requirements of having x points into some node or tree it would be good. I do agree though having to unspec all points into something just to move an earlier point is irritating.

Definitely something they should look at implementing soon.

I definitely like your suggestion for a “respec” or “edit” mode. Would be a huge QoL improvement.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.