Paladin Warpath proc'ing Healing Hands build

Playing around in Last Epoch tools made this build here https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/kB5m7l7B

Haven’t played a ton of last epoch, but am an avid POE player so looking for any constructive advice and posting this as a jumping off point for others.

This is mainly for looking how to build a warpath cycle starter and seeing if it’ll scale decently into investment.

Build idea is spin to win, proc’ing Healing Hands with Cleric’s Hammer (100% chance on hit) and Searing Light(causing Healing Hands to now hit as well). Also using flame burst from Holy Aura.

With nodes and -3 mana cost on sceptre, warpath and healing hands should be free, only caring about mana cost for sigils and lunge.

Build is stacking attunement and healing effectiveness. May need to drop some for defenses not sure how it will feel ingame. Currently at 75 attunement and ~835 ish healing effectiveness on gear.

Defense wise we have:
2500 Health
capped resistances (a bit overcapped so can drop that for other defenses, prob more armor)
1857 armor, 35% mitigation. (Already considering droping some damage to bring armor higher)
50% block chance, 46% mitigation (Drop some damage for more block is also on the radar)
Each proc of healing hands should give us around 1000 health with all the effectiveness we stack.

With 4 sigils we have +24 flat fire, +80% increased fire damage, +120% increased health effectiveness.

Holy Aura gives 30% increased damage.

Warpath gives +40 spell damage.

Healing hands gets 200% added damage effectiveness, +2 flat damage per increased healing effectiveness, 48% increased damage, 148% increased healing effectiveness, +1% more damage per level of buffs(sigils, holy aura) so 40% more damage. I’m assuming base hit is the upfront heal amount, so grabbing urgent healing should be a flat damage increase. base upfront heal would be 205 minus the 65% from Cleric’s Hammer which would be a flat 71.75 rounding down to 71.

Total healing effectiveness should be on average:
(75 Attunement * 5) + (835 from gear) + (120 from sigil) + (+148 from healing hands)
375+835+120+148 = 1478 healing effectiveness
+2 spell damage per 10 healing effectiveness would equate to +295 damage rounding down.

Healing hands damage per hit will be:

71 + ((295 Added from healing effectiveness + 83 from gear + 40 from warpath + 24 from sigils) *2 from 200% added effectiveness) = 955 total flat fire damage

increased damage is (469 from gear + 302 from tree + 80 from holy aura + 48 from healing hands) total of 899% increased damage

955 flat fire * 899% increased damage = 8585 damage per hit, but wait there’s more.

8585 fire damage * (40% more from Healing hands tree + 13% from singularity) = 8585 * (53%) = 13135 damage per hit.

Healing hands has 100% chance to proc on melee hit. Warpath hits at twice your attack rate
(1.467 base attack rate * 2) so about 3 times per second with a sceptre which has 0.98 base attack rate.

~2.87 ish attack rate ~= 37697 DPS + flameburst. Not sure if that is good or not but it definitely is a number.

Seems valid on paper. But isn’t the mana cost of healing hands not 22 Mana with Cleric’s Hammer? On top of it you are aware that you don’t reg mana while channeling Warpath yes? From my point of view I would invest more in movementspeed and get rid of Lung and pick Voletile Reversal instead to have no/less mana issues.

On top of it for a starter Build VK Warpath outshines most likely all other variants as a starter warpath build at least in my experience.

Cleric’s Hammer is 110% casting cost, not +110% casting cost. So it would be 12,1 instead of 11 Mana.

Right?

How should I know? I simply calculate wit the worst possible outcome that could happen. But even at ~12 cost mana would be gone in no time.

Next question is if the proccs are at reduced rate from Warpath or if it ticks with eversy attack. If it only ticks every third attack you might end up fine.

Might work out.

After briefly checking the build, I would recommend a few changes:

1. In the Sentinel passive tree, I would remove 4 points from Stalwart and one point from Aegis of Renewal. Instead, put 5 points into Armour Clad.
  2. If you want to keep Lunge, I would recommend 3 points in Cull the Weak for 15% kill threshold. You have 5 unspent points, so might be an oversight.
  3. You could replace Lunge with Smite, mainly for the 20% attack speed buff you can get if Smite was cast in the last 4 seconds. One point in Warpath’s Winds of Justice might be enough to have it up most of the time. With no other sources of attack speed, this should be 20% more damage.

But 12 cast cost - 9 from nodes - 3 from sceptre would result in a free cast.

Yes if it works out this way then for sure.

LEtools is down at the moment but as long as you’re ok with Healing Hands only proccing when you start a Warpath channel due to Cleric’s Hammer being “when you directly use”.

Is that how that works? I was under the impression “directly use” was to differentiate between triggered abilities (like Healing Hands on a melee hit). Does channeling not count as directly using an ability?

“Directly use” is pressing a button to do a thing, only initially starting the channelling counts for that, otherwise you’d have to put cooldowns on all of those procs to account for the channelled skills that could hit X times a second.

What’s the significant difference between using warpath and hitting X times per second, and just using rive or whatever and hitting X times per second? I don’t see more of a need for a cooldown on one vs the other if you’re hitting the same number of times.

Is there anywhere this is documented in-game or elsewhere? Not saying you’re wrong, it just doesn’t sound intuitive to me; if I’m directly using warpath, I’d assume that the entire channeling duration is the skill being directly used.

Rive counts as using a skill X times a second, Warpath only counts as using a skill once but hits X times a second until you run out of mana.

Yes, probably in the in-game game guide.

Are you 100% sure about this? Isn’t the on hit thing of warpath just kicking in that reduces proccrates by 60% (iirc) so every third hit should procc it?

Yes. If the node just said “on hit” then it’d proc every time Warpath hits, but it doesn’t, it says “on direct use” which means when you press the button.

The 60% is used for applying ailments, iirc. Not sure if it counts that way for triggered skills.

At best the wording is unclear, because “on direct use” could mean “not triggered by other means”. Again, not saying you’re necessarily wrong, but I’d like to see some evidence; guess I’ve gotta wait to see if it’s in the in-game guide.

he is right though, POE tends to explain/word interactions like this in a similar way.

If it’s on direct use warpath is a nogo ^^.

It doesn’t, correct. Flame Burst from Holy Aura is applied as an ailment.

But it doesn’t and never has (in LE).

You can ask the devs on Discord if you really want evidence that much. Or you can wait a day or two & see that I’m correct. At some point you will learn to trust me. I did have a few discord posts from the devs saying that I was usually right & that they trusted me, but they don’t like me using them.

Which is why I said it.

this sounds like your a villian in a super heroe movie xD. i was reading this with a deep voice

2 Likes