Oversized Idol/Subterra Boss Hitbox + Lunge Not Working

I’m not really sure if this is a design decision or a bug. But certain bosses that are not properly on a platform or are underground seem to cause weird interactivity.

Particularly, Idols and the last boss (idk spoiler rules) seem to have a very large targetable area. I set my left mouse button to attack, and with those bosses, I often can’t find a spot that actually moves my character instead of attacking. I believe most of my deaths to the last boss was due to this lol. This is not an issue anywhere else in the entire game.

Additionally, the Idols, the last boss, and also tentacles seem to not interact with Lunge properly. I found sometimes Lunge works on tentacles if I am right beside them.

Feels a bit silly to exclude a skill category from just a few encounters in the campaign.

This has been brought up countless of times and it’s not a design decision.

The devs are aware of this, but it’s not that easy to solve for them.

For the time being, try to only click the platform on the last boss and not on the boss it self for moving.
If you click on a spot at the edge of the platform, that is not traversable your character will not move at all.

It does require some getting used to it, but at least manuvering is possible.

Cheers, I tried to search if the topic was mentioned before but I guess I didn’t come up with the right search terms. :smile:

https://forum.lastepoch.com/search?q=%23bug-reports%20lagon%20lunge

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.