Option to make the 'move' keybind only move and not interact with waypoints, NPCs, etc?

I’m very glad that we have the option to bind a key to Move, so thank you first for that.

One thing I’d like to request is maybe an option to have ‘move’ only move the player and not interact with anything the mouse cursor happens to hover over. It’s not a terribly big deal but many times it’ll catch me off guard or cause me to stop and then deal with whatever I accidentally interacted with.

edit: Oh and before anyone asks, the option on my skill bar is just set to move so that doesn’t change anything with regards to interactions.

2 Likes

I agree! I always accidentally portal to the next map over a lot. Not sure if this is what you mean, but it’s super annoying. You don’t have to get too close to the end of the map to teleport to the next one and it’s annoying.

It’s also very buggy talking to NPC’s like half the time you accidentally talk to them not meaning to and then it doesn’t work anyway and you have to talk to them again. IDK how to explain it, but yeah.

Afaik, this is an unwanted interaction that is caused by how the game works when you hold down the move button (aka left mouse button).

You hold it down but the game thinks you are clicking rapidly. So if you hover over a waypoint or and entrance these are used because the game thinks you clicked on it instead of just hovering over while holding down the button.

Mike explained it better so time ago but I hope you get the idea.

It doesn’t look like a huge thing from my point if view, but it’s in the game since forever and still isn’t solved. So maybe it’s more complicated than on the first look.

But it will be changed at some point in the future if I got it right.

1 Like

I’m not saying you’re wrong, because I’m not a tech expert by any means.

But if that’s the case, then why is it when I have the option for “move or break destructible” chosen, it doesn’t just automatically break destructibles when I hover over them? If it works with this, then couldn’t it work with portals in the same way?

No idea.

We’ve just updated the interactable component to have the option to require a fresh click to interact with. It will be used for things like waypoints that can bring up major screen obstructions in the heat of battle.

5 Likes

Oh wow this is great news! Can’t wait to test and see how it is. You guys rock!!

edit: Is this something that’s coming in a future patch? Initially I thought it was in-game now but I don’t see any option for this. Haven’t had the game installed since I created the thread so had to reinstall.

I haven’t had to download anything new so must be a future patch.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.