OOTB - Black Hole got a massive buff... must use skill now for some builds

Hey guys, I recently was messing around with some unorthodox setups and came across an EXTREMELY strong setup for Black Hole that went under the radar completely. I can’t even find the original patch notes where they changed it like this, it may have been a silent change.

You can now generate ~1,200 ward per cast of Black Hole with a new setup. The skill node ‘Infusion’ was reworked at some point to generate 18 ward per second, 90 with 5 points. Then, while taking all the duration increase skill points, you hit Scattered which produces two black holes, DOUBLING the ward per second. Without skill points you end up with roughly a 7 second black hole on a 5 second cooldown.

Even with a very low amount of 250 ward retention(crazy) this has me sitting at 1,700 constant ward. You can generate this 1,200 ward about every 5 seconds or so depending on your cooldown setup.

(Untested) If you were able to get a Tier 6 or 7 Black Hole skill roll, there is a possibility to generate around 1600+ ward per cast with an additional 10%-30% chance to cast another black hole

There are a ton of possibilities with this one. It provides much more shielding than Flame Ward so technically it can replace it in those builds, or be used alongside Flame Ward in other builds.

https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/volrr1kQ

3 Likes