One thought about the Monolith of Fate

I do love the base idea of the Monolith: show us some alternative timelines. Show some events that never occured but that could have occured. I’m deep in the story side (I’m a writer, I’m logically attracted to stories) and all the timelines I’ve seen are very interesting.

But this is mainly about echo quests. Which means, three missions in each timeline. All the other missions - the standard echoes - are far less connected to the story. Sometimes I can see the match, sometimes it is very tiny. In my perception, these echoes are just filler missions and are not interesting. Not in terms of gameplay, but in terms of lore.

So I’d like to see another endgame activity, totally focused on the story. Maybe alternative, maybe stories from the past about specific NPCs or areas, maybe side stories happening during the main quest. All these contexts would fit perfectly. But I’d like to see something maybe short, but without fillers. Something where all missions are chapters of the story.
And of course we would still have the Monolith or any other activity with random missions like the echoes.

Last Epoch has a strong universe and lore. I would like to explore all this and dive deeper into this world.

I know that hack’n slash games are all about killing monsters, but really nobody is interested by the narrative aspect? I feel alone sometimes! :grin:

Have you read D3’s “narrative”? It’s aweful! Especially act 3 & Azmodan’s monologues whenever you move on a zone. “You’ll never defeat my XXX”, next zone, “Oh, so you’ve defeated my XXX, my YYY will make short work of you”, next zone, “My YYY were clearly not up to snuff, my ZZZ, however, will totally do you in!”, etc.

I’ve read Topsy and Turvy books with better character development & narrative twists…

Yes, in terms of narration, D3 is very weak, I agree.
In PoE, the story made me quit during the campaign, it was boring.
In Van Helsing Trilogy, the story is very good.
In Wolcen, the story is rather nice but not finished yet.
And in Last Epoch, the story is rather nice but the whole context and world are awesome, in my opinion.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.