Omnis drop?

Any updates as to how to get this to drop?

Last I heard it was 300+corruption in an empowered mono. Accurate?

I only heard it was in Empowered only, no info about the corruption level.

Itā€™s hard to really get the exact values. The devs did not give any infos on that. So we can just gather infos based on statistics. Record every drop and the corruption level when it dropped.

The lowest recorded corruption level is then minimal requirement. But as itā€™s still rng involved nobody can say if it might not drop on lower corruption.

Best source would be some of our hardcore players.

/sigh.

can anyone explain why this is not being revealed? Why are the devs insisting it be "discoveredā€™?

If corruption was a requirement, honestly this wuld be the worst as some players / builds will never get to that point and therefore will be excluded from getting an item like this / making a new build around it. Hope you guys are wrong with the corruption requirement!

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m not farming it.

Iā€™m not wasting my time wading balls deep into corruption just to find out itā€™s not a requirement.

Shade drops being connected to Corruption makes sense, as the Boss is all about it.
And its a nice goal and chase item, but at the other handā€¦

Yeah, would make it very hard or impossible for weaker builds.
And with trading itā€™d be very or extreme expensive, as its a good and rare item.

High Corruption is nice but the game should not be ā€œbuild around itā€

We desperately need chase items in LE. I mean real chase items.

Also none of the shade uniques are build enabling.

You could argue that the

Spoiler

+1 to Level of all Skills

could be build enabling for some cases.

It is totally ok, to have items that are not reachable or easily reachable by casual players.

As long as they donā€™t lock out those players from playing specific playstyles too much (having some would be ok).

EHG already added things like Shroud Of Obscurity, as a budget version of Exanguinous.

1 Like

Ive killed Shade at 300+ about 8-9 times and never got it, once I hit 300, I killed the first Shade I seen for a minimum of +1 corruption. Ive killed Shade maybe 30 times on this character to get there

done over 500 echoes in Spirits of Fire timeline to get to that point and just got so bored I gave up. Its too tedious to continue without knowing the drop rate or even if 300 is the goal or if theres some other condition, my character cannot farm another timeline for blessings

edit: I forgot to mention, on the UI for the Monolith showing the corruption in the top left corner there is a graphic of corruption tentacles, this animation changes as you go further, the moment you cross into 300+ the graphic changes to the same graphic as corruption 1000 (ive checked it closely to compare) almost implying at 300 you have reached the ā€˜final tierā€™

A lot of games do this. I donā€™t think any ARPG shows all obtainable uniques with drop chances and requirements. The LE item data base is a data mined and not regularly provided source of information. Normally we would not know any of the information shown on that side. We would rely on community work to provide screenshots of items they found and where they found it and some people to collect them in a database.

Look at Valheim. Devs donā€™t give any hint what you can do and how. Just some little ingame infos sometimes even a bit cryptic. With the recent announcement on their next update they stated they wonā€™t spoil any details on the added content. They want the players to find out theirselves.

Iā€™m honest: I think we should not know any droprates of items. Also there should absolutely be chase items that only a few players will ever find. Just because something is in the game doesnā€™t mean that everybody should be able to instantly get it.

Iā€™m a casual player and Iā€™m aware that I wonā€™t be able to obtain all the desired items or reach max level on a character during a cycle in the future. Thatā€™s ok.

Maybe some day Iā€™m just lucky. Or Iā€™m able to find something trade worthy. Or I have made nice friends that gift me a good chase item.

Iā€™m aware that farming for something you donā€™t know where and how it drops can be annoying or even impossible. So I donā€™t do that. For me theres currently absolutely no point in farming my fingers bloody on an offline char in an early access game for a single item.

1 Like

As a casual player, I fully agree with this.

1 Like

And yet Valheim is a sandbox experience game where the whole premise is about exploring the world around you and moulding it to your will, not loot drops. It may have a few, very, light arpg elements tacked on to the far more meaningful survival elements.

Thatā€™s cute, in a thread that names the item and is endeavoring to gather info on how you can get it to dropā€¦

People that are not aware of what ā€œOmnisā€ is, might just click on this thread totally clueless.

And i really hate to spoil things.

I personally even would prefer to not have sources like Tunklab or Lastepochtools, to truely embrace discovering things.

I am just glad that there is some small parts left, that are not discovered/data mined :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Absolutely true. But not a counter argument. Do you think discovering things is only ok for survival type games? What about fps? Should Doom tell you right away when you obtain what weapon?

Do you remember D2 times? Sure you do. How did Blizzard introduce runewords? Did they write down all possible runewords in the patchnotes? No. People had to discover them. At some point all runewords were discovered and availible on websites. But this was the effort of the community.

These days people, especially ARPG players, often seem to approach games like itā€™s just a spreadsheet. They want to know the exact base damage of a skill to be able to mathematical determine the most effective way to build a character. They need to know the exact formular of armorā€™s damage mitigation to create the curve to determine at what point getting more armor becomes less effective.

And people want to know the exact drop chances of items so they can figure out how many attempts they statistically would need to get an item, just to come to the forums to complain that the system is broken because they already have done 2 runs more than theoretically needed on average and still not gotten the item.

Iā€™m more the guy that actually figures out stuff while playing with trial and error. For me itā€™s more fun to ā€œplayā€ the game actively then just think and talk about how it would play theoretically.

Iā€™m not saying my way to enjoy is better. Everybody has his own way to enjoy things. This is just an observation.

I like discovering things, even in an ARPG that doesnā€™t have survival elements. :grin:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.