Ok. so what all goes into Serpent venom damage?

Trying to figure out why serpent venom ever does uber damage, even when it was bugged.

Base damage is 400 over 1.5 second (3 seconds but eveyone will have more than 50% crit wit this build).

You can get all kinds of +% bonuses but I can’t understand how they ever stack enough for serious damage. I mean assume the bugged version of this build, +9% per stack of poiison and chill. Assume I get 600 stacks of poison on a target (which is really really high). that is +5400% damage which sounds impressive but x54 of 400 is only 21,600 damage over 1.5 seconds. remember this cannot stack.

So how the heck does even bugged Serpent venom do millions of damage?

The poison/frostbite multiply together iirc.

AND you get 2% more per vit, and 2% more per chance to crit.

so in your example you clearly already are assuming 50% chance to crit, that doubles your damage alone. And then you get 2% more per vit, getting 30 vit is really easy, and thats 1.6x more damage.

The skill is now just average, it compares to stuff like holy trail jav, and the brand dot ailments from runemaster. Strong single stack DoTs that do enough damage to build around, but dont break the game.

1 Like

So let’s say you have 600% increased, 90% crit, 30 vit, and 300 stacks of poison and frostbite 3% more/stack and 30 pen from the tree…
400 base x 7 x 2.8 x 1.6 x 10 x 10 x 1.3 = 1,630,720
It can go much higher, even without the bug it can still do dot damage a lot of damage over time builds would be envious of.

1 Like