Oh my sweet Merophage

Merophage is by far my new favorite item in the game. It’s a clever little sink of exalted two-handed swords that take dust in my stash. It’s a fun gamble and now i’m addicted to it. I really hope we will see more items like that! GG EHG.

…LOOK AT THIS BEAUTY !! https://ibb.co/G74dmvx
(that post is mostly a pretext to show off that damn sexy thing)

(On a side note, I really hope we will see more Weaver’s will items too. It’s another fun and exciting mechanic. :slight_smile: )

5 Likes

Merophage Giveth & Merophage Taketh away.

I was excited when Merophage dropped for me.
After I finished the Echo, I shattered the sword I was currently using & promptly lost 1/3 of my Warpath DPS.
Before: Before hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB
After: After hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB

Sorry to revive this topic, but is there anyone that figured out how the transfer works? It just applies the same tier of affix/suffix but re-roll the ranges or something even more wide? Like, even the tier?

I had it eat away two swords, and it seems that the void damage is always quite lower than the absorbed sword.

Still a very fun concept and my new favourite until I drop that sweet apathy’s maw :stuck_out_tongue:

I was pleasantly surprised when I read the text as it is nice to see new ideas. However, for my Acolyte, it is of little use.

It works in the same way that you get the shards in you material storage if you shatter them without Merophage equipped. If you have Merophage equipped then the shards you would have gotten to use to upgrade other items are instead applied to the Meophage.

That means that it’s totally random which and how many of each shard on the original item gets applied to the Merophage.

how does this item work exactly? do i need to salvage a really good 2 hand exalted sword and it has a chance to give the mods i salvaged to that unique weapon?

You need to equip it and then use a Rune of Shattering on another 2-handed sword, those affixes are the fixes that can go onto the Merophage, but like I said above it’s all RNG which ones and how many of each.

And it’s any 2-handed sword, doesn’t have to be a good one.

That is clear by just reading the description of what the item does.
I was referring to the internal rolls etc.

This guy seems to have run some tests, I didn’t check the video yesterday:
https://www.reddit.com/r/LastEpoch/comments/16mnxu0/merophage_shattering_tests/

But the sum of it seems to be:

• When you shatter and would have gotten a shard it removes all the old affixes from Merophage and adds the new ones.
  • You can get 5 affixes if you have one sealed on the item you shattered.
  • It rerolls the values within the tiers of the affix.

Which is more fair than not apparently as it relies on the shatter to determine if you’ll get an affix transferred but on the original item affixes tiers to determine the rolls, at least if I understood it right.

To clarify, in a case like this:

1. Original Item with 4 T5 affixes/suffixes
  2. Shard extracted are 1x each affixes/suffixes
  3. Merophage rolls for all e affixes/suffixes as shards for each are extracted

But, which one is the behaviour observed?

• Affixes on Merophage are in the T1 range (just one shard each extracted)
  • Affixes on Merophage are in the T5 range (original item had T5)

Checking the video, the tier depends on the number of shards retrieved. So, the first case.

As I stated whatever affixes you would have gotten from the shatter goes onto the Merophage, if you had the following and shattered you got these results:

• T5 Dexterity (5)
  • T5 Melee Attack Speed (2)
  • T5 Poison Resistance (3)
  • T5 Critical Strike Avoidance (1)

You then would have gotten these:

• T5 Dexterity
  • T2 Melee Attack Speed
  • T3 Poison Resistance
  • T1 Critical Strike Avoidance

Then you would get these affixes on your Merophage:

• T5 Dexterity
  • T2 Melee Attack Speed
  • T3 Poison Resistance
  • T1 Critical Strike Avoidance
2 Likes

Shattering does give you 0-(affix tier) shards per individual affix.
But 1 shard in total (across all affixes) minimum.

This Unique just makes it so, the shards don’t og into your crafting stash, but are transfered to the item.

Another fun side effect of Merophage.
You will probably forget that you have it equipped & shatter another sword, thereby completely screwing your current affixes.

1 Like

I am not sure why you guys are repeating either what was written in the description of the item or what I have already written here:

But ok I guess :laughing:

That’s our problem, the description says exactly what it does so we’re not sure what you are actually asking. We simply tried to make it more detailed to explain it but apparently you are asking something that isn’t coming through.

We’re trying to help but can’t provide an answer suitable when we don’t know exactly where you’re confused.

1 Like

I asked if someone knew the inner working of the mechanic and most replied with basically a rewording of what is already explained in the description of the item.

My next post I explained myself the mechanics after looking around

So it was “case closed” for me. I shared it because at that time nobody had answered yet. Then others explained again what I had found (plus someone rewording again what the description of the items said already :laughing: )

All good, mechanic of the item are clear :slight_smile:

Can you morph the sword several times until you make a very good one?
I got 2 in my stash.

Yes, you can do it as many times as you like until you get what you want.

Yes… then you can also brick it by forgetting you had it equipped and shattering another sword giving it useless stats.
So It’s always nice to have another one crafted in the stash just in case… :sweat_smile:

I love this sword too but it can break your heart!:broken_heart:
I shattered a T22 sword into it and I got 3 shards for it……3!!! :joy:

Edit: the saving grace is that you can keep shattering into the sword over and over again. Still hurt though!