Oh boy.... You got to be fast

In the context of video games, I think it is usually a company not related to game design buying a game studio. They then put into place policies that prioritize easy profits. The change usually happens when the “customer” to be pleased changes from the players to the shareholders.

1 Like

Very few people at EHG need to, or should, worry about Diablo 4’s release date. They know what they want in the game when it releases and how much polish it should have. It would be really shortsighted to cut corners just to try to beat D4 to the punch.

I do expect them to avoid overlapping too closely with a POE league start, D4 launch or other major game release date. It’s far better to release a little later than they planned than to release it before it’s ready.

2 Likes

imagine thinking they dont seriously what does bli$$ard need to do so you would stop instantly trust on their every single word they saying you sound like one of those people who preorder game get dissapointed with it and say how you never gonna pre order again from the same company just to preorder again when that company release new game just to get dissapointed again

IMO… no game should be rushed just cause a popular same genre game is about to release. I can only speak for myself, but I will be buying d4 on release day have my play with it and bounce around many other games in the mean time. No one game to rule them all exist in this world sorry to burst anyones bubble. Kinda like the battle of mmorpg genre-I love wow combat as the flow is smooth and I love ffxiv for crafting/glam/housing. So far I am enjoying my epoch time as its a breathe of fresh air imo to d3 zerging. My main point is people will buy any game no matter the popularity at the time. I just Hope devs flush out solid gamess instead of buggy mess.

3 Likes

I think D4 and LE are not competitors by any means. D4 is a huge and old franchise with so much “mainstream” coverage that LE cannot compete for the same audience. However I think more passionate fans of HnS will pick their favorite game, and to be fair we already have a piece of LE and nothing from D4 now ;).

1 Like

Yeah, a David vs Goliath situation if you try to put them both in the same bag.

Blizzard, or that company that only holds that name, still have huge coverage and reputation (not many ppl in the casual gaming space knows about the absurd quantity of polemics Blizzard was involved in recently, or care about it…).

They said repeatedly that they will not sell power in any form or shape with D4. However, if they lie would be the norm at this point, not the exception.

We will see… anyways I don’t expect a long-term game despite their announced intentions, every game in today’s landscape seems designed to last forever, but on practice D3 is a 3-day run game, I don’t expect any different looking at how they design their items and skills (2k dps on a mid-game weapon…).

D4 will get big hype, but so far it looks like reskined D3, graphics, items, huge cooldowns everything is like D3 which is not compliment.

D4 and LE are similar games but ppl dont play one game for life and for me its hard to keep playing same arpg for more then month so majority of players will try LE as well sooner or later. Altough LE must have good reputation and be good game or noone will try it.

1 Like

Would you not say the same about LE? Perhaps Blizz have learned that getting damage numbers so big you have to truncate them with SI units is just ridiculous and a failure of design.

I have to question if you have seen any footage at all of Diablo 4 ? Genuine question, because it looks nothing like Diablo 3 and has gone back to that Diablo 2 gritty feel and look, if you haven’t I have attached a video to see for yourself.

1 Like

Nah, I think they modeled the lightning/etc on the UK in winter (grey). Hopefully there’ll be some MTX to turn health potions into cups of tea (with biscuits for the higher end ones).

3 Likes

Now that I could get behind, I mean a nice cuppa cha is what’s needed in every game. :joy: :+1:

1 Like

Blizzard learning? How do you even compare a 2k dps weapon with a 30 flat weapon :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m fairly certain I have the ability (as do many others) to play more than just one game.

3 Likes

I seen this video and really not impressed zero density, questing like in wow, minute cooldown on skill, check the items stats its like D3, small inventory and mediocre graphics.

I think LE’s end game is decent but the core needs far more work, there needs to be far more work done on skills (more skills) and character development from 80-100 needs major work as pretty stale currently. .

Welcome to the forum.

You obviously know that the game is not complete?

There are still 3 classes coming by 1.0 and the devs have confirmed 3 more chapters of storyline (not sure if they will all be coming by 1.0) so the campaign will eventually be longer. End-game wise, there are the Monoliths & Dungeons but again, the devs have confrmed that there will be more end-game content coming - there are hints here or there as to what this could end up being but nothing concrete to drool over yet.

Skills are constantly being reworked and this happens in a cycle (again confirmed by the devs), they take it class by class / skill by skill and make changes, then move to the next and then circle around again. The downside of this is that there are very old skills that no longer compete or feel as good as the ones that have had a more recent overhaul. Not counting the skills for the missing classes, there are still missing skills to be added.

Character development from 80 to 100. Well, levels 80-85 are considered the current “completed” builds. If the build is not working by then, the last few passives you earn when levelling are unlikely to help. The devs have confirmed that their target for completed builds is in this range. To confirm this there is only 1 item requiring level 91 to use (and its incredibly rare). Most uniques are in the 60-80 range - again confirming when the devs expect builds to be using the most powerful or build enabling items.

Going for level 100 has little advantage other than bragging rights at the moment.

I am not sure what is EHG’s plan for 1.0 given 0.9 is still not in sight. But at this point, I would say EHG should just take their time if cashflow isnt an issue, and aim for 1.0 some time in 2024.

D4 hype train has already arrived with the release of their closed beta and all the leaked footage. If we were to believe rumours of D4 release timeline, the first 3 quarters of 2023 will be dominated by D4. Then there is POE 2 update in Jul 2023, and I am sure GGG is eager to finally release the new POE to properly compete with D4. I am expecting a late 2023/Q1 2024 POE 2 full release.

LE aiming for a Q2/Q3 2024 1.0 release would fit perfectly.

1 Like

Errr, is that a dodgy translation into English?

I don’t see how people still get so excited by gameplay videos. Wolcen is the perfect example on how a flashy gameplay video does not equal a quality, or bug-free, game. Sure D4 looks pretty, but what do you expect from Blizzard? Out of all the brands on the market, Blizzard has consistently had the smoothest looking/playing games out there. But they have come up short on the filling… instead, their games have turned into soulless cash grabs. I really don’t think D4 will end up being any different.

4 Likes

I choose to just believe that it will release when it releases.
Diablo 4 is looking very good in my opinion as to how it is as of now.
I hope to see a very nice sequel in Path of Exile 2. But I´m unsure about the whole PoE franchise. I do not play Path of Exile any longer and have for quite a long time now removed the whole game from my machine and PoE will never ever be played again. I shall certainly be giving PoE 2 a chance.
What is important for Last Epoch to have on release is something that kicks ass as to say it that way and which differentiates it according to everyone else. If Last Epoch hace something that blows one mind away on release, it is gonna go far and a long way.

And when that is said I am in no doubt that the Developers knows this extremely well, and what they are up against in form of Competition.
For those of you who wish to play something nice and “different” but good, go play UNDECEMBER till Last Epoch releases.