Offline lag and exe installer outside steam?

why are there offline lag on a new pc ?
is it the game it self and what do you do to fix it ?

i bet it is your servers.

when can we have an exe file outside steam so we dont have to run it via steam ?

If you’re playing offline the lag can’t be due to the online servers (that you’re not connected to).

They are going to do a fully offline mode (no login required) but how that’s going to work & whether it would require steam I’m not sure we know (though I’m sure @AndrewTilley has any relevant quotes).

Currently, the game requires an internet connection to login regardless of if you select online or offline, but this is set to change at launch when offline mode becomes truly offline.

That said, you can technically play the game right now without an active internet connection after you’ve selected offline and entered the game world with your character. If you still experience this “lag” while in offline and without an active internet connection then you can rule out the servers as the issue. Just know that if you want to return to the character select screen you’ll need to return to having an active internet connection prior to doing so.

Also, if you’re playing offline and have the chat enabled then maybe try disabling it first to see if that makes a difference for you.

1 Like