Off-putting UI (includes suggestions)

Unfortunately, the current UI makes me unable to play for extended periods of time. Does anyone else feel this? I mean this literally–it makes me sad somehow (it’s hard to explain why, it’s the same when I see Windows 95). The main culprit is the heinous leafy patterns.

I hope the developers will update the UI prior to release, but I took my time to come up with a few suggestions for the direction I’d like to see. Thoughts?

Suggestion A

Suggestion B

A few details that may not be so obvious at first glance include:

• The purple “View Materials” button is now gray. It seems incredibly strange to me to randomly make one of the four buttons another color.
  • Wearing a two-hander now includes a visual cue that nothing can be held in the offhand (a transparent image of the item).
  • Higher contrast image in un-equipped slots to make it more clear what’s supposed to go there.
  • Changed health globe and potion display.

Note that I took all of these assets from print screens in-game and the website, so I don’t think the art style should be too off. It’s still missing some textures around the equipped items I think, but I couldn’t come up with anything good. On a side note, did anyone else notice that the shop UI uses a completely different frame? I think that one looks a lot better.

While I think UI is a thing the devs will constantly work on and try to improve I doubt there will be significant changes before 1.0.

The UI we currently have already is a massively reworked and overhauled version.

I sure hope they do. Why do you think they won’t do it before 1.0, though?

I know these things take time and effort, but the current version is so obviously bad (in my opinion) that it seems like an easy way to severely improve the game. I sincerely doubt anyone has looked at the current version and thought “that looks cool!”. I assume most people are simply indifferent to it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.