NPC dialogue text too slow

I recently started a new online character and decided I’d slow down and read the dialogue throughout the campaign this time, get to know the setting a bit better. But I’m finding this hard to do even if I want to, because the rate at which text appears in the dialogue boxes is too slow. It’s slower than my natural reading speed, at least, which is surprisingly jarring. I find myself having to wait until the full line (or paragraph, in some cases) fully appears before reading. As far as I can tell there’s no way to make it load fully right away; clicking just advances to the next piece of dialogue, without ever showing you the line in full.

I couldn’t find any options or keybinds regarding dialogue in the settings, so please let me know if I’m missing something. If not, I’d suggest either making clicks (or some other button) instantly fill out the dialogue box before advancing, or speeding up the rate at which text appears so that it’s faster than people’s eyes.

If someone from the team reads and considers this, then thanks!

6 Likes

Yes, please. I’m finding it more difficult to follow along with the story because I keep instinctively clicking to make the rest of the dialogue appear instantly, but skipping it instead.

Absolutely. I am not even a native speaker, but the text is just too slow and that makes it really weird to read. Please make at least anb option to make it appear instantly.

Yes please give us an option to change the speed or make the text appear instantly.

I feel the exact same way, I wish there was a way to speed it up and/or make the text appear instantly!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.